What's new

2020 Presidential election

Your argument doesn’t make sense. Even if the ratio was 50/50 Bernie’s winning numbers among people under 44 are way higher than Biden’s among the older people, except in SC.

You throw a table at me pretending to look smart and you can’t even interpret it yourself.

then you clearly missed what I was saying. Didn’t you see the difference in the percentage of voters between 18-44 and 45+? So much more of the voting public consists of those 45+ that it’s silly to argue that any candidate or party should focus on youth turnout. Even with Sanders campaigning for the nomination, youth turnout is nothing compared to those 45+. Young people don’t vote regardless of policy, party, or candidate.

Biden takes VA. Bernie Vermont. I imagine Biden wins tonight. What excuses will the Bernie supporters have after tonight?

they’ll most likely bitch and threaten to vote for trump or 3rd party in the general. I’d be shocked if many actually come into this forum and pledge support for Biden. Unlike what most of us moderates have already done, Bernie Bros loyalty is only one way.

they’ll most likely bitch and threaten to vote for trump or 3rd party in the general. I’d be shocked if many actually come into this forum and pledge support for Biden. Unlike what most of us moderates have already done, Bernie Bros loyalty is only one way.
Your disdain for other fellow Democrats is quite telling.

then you clearly missed what I was saying. Didn’t you see the difference in the percentage of voters between 18-44 and 45+? So much more of the voting public consists of those 45+ that it’s silly to argue that any candidate or party should focus on youth turnout. Even with Sanders campaigning for the nomination, youth turnout is nothing compared to those 45+. Young people don’t vote regardless of policy, party, or candidate.
Ugh..

Most Bernie supporters are comfortable voting for Biden in the general should that be how things shake out(myself included).

Hope so.

It'll be interesting to see if most on this board feel the way you do. The posts thus far have been quite telling.

is that the sound you made when you finally realized the highlights I made on that picture emphasizing the difference between the youth vote and older vote?
It’s the sound I make when I realize that you must have missed more sesame street episodes during your childhood than I originally thought. The pool of potential voters is bigger among the youth, hence you focus on the youth. If you press the right buttons you can mobilize them, not by giving up on them as you are.

It’s the sound I make when I realize that you must have missed more sesame street episodes during your childhood than I originally thought. The pool of potential voters is bigger among the youth, hence you focus on the youth. If you press the right buttons you can mobilize them, not by giving up on them as you are.

We have several candidates to choose from. Bernie is running and promising the youth more than any candidate in my lifetime yet the youth vote still isn't mobilizing to levels seen under Obama 2008 or Clinton 1992. Which was still pitiful.

1. So what's the problem?

2. Can you please point to an election when the youth vote was mobilized and outperformed older votes?

3. Can you please tell me what a candidate would have to promise to mobilize the youth vote to just 50 percent? Just 50 percent of those aged 18-44. What would it take?

Last edited:
We have several candidates to choose from. Bernie is running and promising the youth more than any candidate in my lifetime yet the youth vote still isn't mobilizing to levels seen under Obama 2008 or Clinton 1992.

1. So what's the problem?

2. Can you please point to an election when the youth vote was mobilized and outperformed older votes?

3. Can you please tell me what a candidate would have to promise to mobilize the youth vote to just 50 percent? Just 50 percent of those aged 18-44. What would it take?
1. It won’t be a problem in a general election.

2. Not at this moment, might look into it later out of personal curiosity.

3. They just need to smell blood, figuratively speaking. Give him the nomination and see what happens on a 1vs1 race against Trump.