What's new

2020 Training Camp Thread

How is it that training camp is here and only two exhibit 10 guys have been signed? (Gill and Toolson).

Maybe it's just a covid thing, but there are two open camp spots that have yet to be filled.

How is it that training camp is here and only two exhibit 10 guys have been signed? (Gill and Toolson).

Maybe it's just a covid thing, but there are two open camp spots that have yet to be filled.
Probably due to a shortened camp and preseason schedule. There’s less time to get the players ready for the season.

I'll sign a 10 day. It would help me eliminate some of my blubber and there is probably some insurance when I strain my post-covid weak-A tendons again.

Then again, perhaps 10 days count against the cap...

Rudy contract situation makes me nervous. If he leaves, we're not even going to make the playoffs before Mitchell demands a trade in 3-4 years.
And all the second rounders we just threw away to save 1-2mil in tax will end up becoming picks in the 30s that are worth more than 2mil apiece

Rudy-Giannis and Anthony Davis have yet to sign their extensions, but I bet all 3 will. Either that or they are planning on teaming up on the KNicks next season.

The Jazz need to sign Ray Spalding to a camp contract. He was released by the Hornets yesterday in the Hayward thing. He is a 6'9" forward who has a double-double in his brief time in the Association. He was also Spida's BFF at the Ville.

Rudy contract situation makes me nervous. If he leaves, we're not even going to make the playoffs before Mitchell demands a trade in 3-4 years.

LOL

I’m not even going to entertain the idea that he walks because we better trade him if he doesn’t sign an extension.

We are most definitely a playoff team with Favors starting instead of Rudy plus whatever pieces we got back for him in a trade.

LOL

I’m not even going to entertain the idea that he walks because we better trade him if he doesn’t sign an extension.

We are most definitely a playoff team with Favors starting instead of Rudy plus whatever pieces we got back for him in a trade.
I don't think we trade him. Even if we don't get an extension IMO they will do what they did with Hayward - they will let him hit FA and hope he comes back.

I don't think we trade him. Even if we don't get an extension IMO they will do what they did with Hayward - they will let him hit FA and hope he comes back.

I would hope that we would have learned our lesson with that.

I'm hoping for a better year two from Conley, but not banking on it.

Crazy that the regular season starts in less than three weeks.

Same but not very confident we did. They keep repeating the same mistakes in other areas too...
I get the impression we’d roll with Rudy if they can’t agree. I think they think this year we have a chance. Just the impression I get.

I get the impression we’d roll with Rudy if they can’t agree. I think they think this year we have a chance. Just the impression I get.

tenor.gif