What's new

2020 Training Camp Thread

Locke said that Bogey might not be ready for opening day.
Yeah. This is great news. We’ve gone from “he’s 100% available starting training camp” to may not be available opening day. Can we pencil in all-star break?

Yeah. This is great news. We’ve gone from “he’s 100% available starting training camp” to may not be available opening day. Can we pencil in all-star break?
You can put one thing in ink: we won’t get good updates

Juwan Morgan is the most overrated player on that roster. He's the type we will give a 2 year guaranteed deal to and then have to give up picks to get rid off next year.
We will see. He's probably on Niang's level right now, just a different type of player. I think he can surpass Niang this year if given minutes. Depends on how good his body can get with weight loss and the 3pt shot.

We will see. He's probably on Niang's level right now, just a different type of player. I think he can surpass Niang this year if given minutes. Depends on how good his body can get with weight loss and the 3pt shot.
Are there any reports about him getting in better shape or making strides in his 3p shooting?

He has too many ball skills to be a 5 for this org.
If we aren't willing to change the scheme on occasion to do more switching then he won't ever work out here. He's not a drop big. If he is going to make work out it will be as a switchy mobile big.

Morgan is situational as a 5. He's pretty much situational as a 4 too, for that matter.

But it shows the gap on the roster right now when we have to debate Favors and Morgan as starters at the 4.

Morgan is situational as a 5. He's pretty much situational as a 4 too, for that matter.

But it shows the gap on the roster right now when we have to debate Favors and Morgan as starters at the 4.
Its not a debate at all. Favs will start at the four in some matchups... if Bojan isn't healthy to start the year it will be Favs or Joe that take his spot.

Interesting thing from the interview the other day - Derrick Favors said he was told he'd have a role, but it might not be as a starter. Favors said he was told he would play 20-24 minutes per game, and he was fine with that. David Locke said he didn't see how there would even be 24 min per game for Favors to play in.

Justin Zanik also commented on how well Juwan Morgan showed in the playoffs saying that he had +8 in +/- and that he would be a different look that Quin could use as well.

And Favors #15. As expected, Mudiay gone.
It's a shame,
I guess the overall performance wasn't there, but I really aprreciated his hard work and buying into being a Jazzman

Quote from coach...

“It's a credit to him fully, and all this preparation and work that he's put in,” Snyder said. “He's worked, he's worked, he’s worked. And it hasn't always been an easy road. Sometimes he's coming in the game for three minutes and coming out and that's what it is. For him to be able to handle different rotations and matchups, that's a guy that's really becoming a true pro.”

I would rather have Mudiay than NWG, Shaq, Oni. The guy was a lottery pick and was not horrible. But I understand the Jazz money situation. I think we are full for training camp with the signing of Trevon Bluiett and that should put us at the max number. I think this officially means bye bye to JWF.