What's new

2021 Free Agency

The Knicks will be paying a combined 59M a year for Fournier, Rose, Noel and Burks lolz.

What’s the worst deal today? Trent 3 for 54M seems premature. Has he showed THAT much?
Tough question. In my opinion either Alex Caruso or Lonzo Ball. But then again at least they're still young and can improve. The Lowry and Paul contracts are ridiculous.

TBH, for all the bitching and moaning around here, the Jazz have gotten great deals on Jingles, Bogdanovic, Clarkson and Conley in free agency. Some of these deals are so incredibly stupid. Can’t believe teams are throwing around that kind of money on seriously mediocre players. Still don’t agree with DL’s team-building philosophy, but he still got a few decent free agents signed and extended on contracts that hold up over time.

TBH, for all the bitching and moaning around here, the Jazz have gotten great deals on Jingles, Bogdanovic, Clarkson and Conley in free agency. Some of these deals are so incredibly stupid. Can’t believe teams are throwing around that kind of money on seriously mediocre players. Still don’t agree with DL’s team-building philosophy, but he still got a few decent free agents signed and extended on contracts that hold up over time.

What money do the Lakers even have left for Gay?

That seems high for a Reggie Bullock, no? This goes to show the premium paid for 3 and D wings.

A bit yeah but they lost a lot of shooting last off-season (Curry and one or two other guys iirc) so it’s the type of guy they need and not a terrible price tbh.

I've been offline for a while. Are Gay and Porter both still available?

From what I can tell, these are the best available/doable/even slightly worthwhile free agents left, in no particular order:

Porter Jr
Gay
Dieng
Bjelica
Markieff Morris
Kaminsky
Hollis-Jefferson
Ntilikina
Millsap
Taj Gibson, I guess

yeah we better get OPJ or Gay or the FA pool is essentially dry

Edit: Dieng to Atlanta

Last edited:
They were our two targets. We are a small market team with no money. What were your expectations?
Batum would've been great, had mild hopes for Portis, I thought JaMychael Green would've been a great pickup. Sterling Brown, Torrey Craig, couple others I can't remember also intrigued me.
I was more making the point that if they don't get one of them, there really aren't any decent backup options left.