What's new

2021 Free Agency

We get Dunn and we’re champs. He’s our utility man. Our closing pitcher. Our DH. Our pinch runner. Our shark with a laser beam.

Definitely disagree with you on this one.
Just pissed he went to the Nets.
I was going from the standpoint of needing defense at the wing/4 position realistically, and he could have been a good piece to have in our pocket. Granted Gay has more to offer all-around and was probably the right choice, but both my nostalgia and burning need for better D makes me wish we had picked up Millsap instead.

I was going from the standpoint of needing defense at the wing/4 position realistically, and he could have been a good piece to have in our pocket. Granted Gay has more to offer all-around and was probably the right choice, but both my nostalgia and burning need for better D makes me wish we had picked up Millsap instead.
I think Gay would provide more on the defensive end, especially on the wing, than Millsap would. But I would have liked him back (never would happen, but still).

Gay is probably a better defender than Millsap better if you want him to matchup against a big wing (LeBron/Kawhi types)...but that's still a very tough spot for Gay to be in and I think Millsap is still the better overall defender if his health holds up. Millsap is a very smart defensive player and I think DEN misses a healthy Millsap more than people think.

BKN got a freaking steal. When playing with Jokic, Millsap was 16% usage and 62% TS. He's a perfect low usage player to pair with their existing scoring talent.

Someone help me out with this. DJ supposed to be bought out. It’s a lot of money he’d be leaving on the table. I mean, it would make more sense for him to be bought out in Detroit, but when he was with Brooklyn there was talk of buyout. What’s he looking for? And wasn’t he KD and Kyrie’s BFF signing?

Someone help me out with this. DJ supposed to be bought out. It’s a lot of money he’d be leaving on the table. I mean, it would make more sense for him to be bought out in Detroit, but when he was with Brooklyn there was talk of buyout. What’s he looking for? And wasn’t he KD and Kyrie’s BFF signing?

It saves the Nets a billion dollars and they may end up seeing if Sekou is any good. They will sign Aldridge who is better than Jordan?

Maybe they know Jordan is washed and need him to go hurt the Lakers chances... he's a true friend. They got their homie PAID... they are all good imo.

Weird that Pistons gave up on Sekou but I guess when you know you know.

It still boggles my mind how players can not improve their shooting. This is their job.

Think about the people with whom you’ve worked. How many did the bare minimum and were content with their place in the hierarchy of the organization in which they worked as well as with simply cashing their paycheck.

There’s your answer.

I'd be intrigued if Nets decided to move or release Sekou. He's been garbage but he came in the league at 19 and has had two years in the league... 1.5 of those years during a pandemic. Maybe they hate his work ethic and think he's a bum but if ever there was a case for patience I'd think that would be one.

It saves the Nets a billion dollars and they may end up seeing if Sekou is any good. They will sign Aldridge who is better than Jordan?

Maybe they know Jordan is washed and need him to go hurt the Lakers chances... he's a true friend. They got their homie PAID... they are all good imo.

Weird that Pistons gave up on Sekou but I guess when you know you know.
No, I get it from their end. What I mean is that before this trade there was talk of DJ getting a buyout from the Nets. Why for him? He's getting fat checks on the favorite to come out of the east. Give up a bunch of money so he can get what? Less playing time in LA?

Think about the people with whom you’ve worked. How many did the bare minimum and were content with their place in the hierarchy of the organization in which they worked as well as with simply cashing their paycheck.

There’s your answer.
It's also not that easy. They might get slightly better at shooting but its not like everyone can turn into Steph Curry. We look at shooting as a pure skill but its also a talent given at birth too... for some guys becoming a good shooter is like asking Steph to be taller.

Simmons is an okay worker I think... I think he's just a coward and is afraid to look dumb by shooting.

No, I get it from their end. What I mean is that before this trade there was talk of DJ getting a buyout from the Nets. Why for him? He's getting fat checks on the favorite to come out of the east. Give up a bunch of money so he can get what? Less playing time in LA?
No he's out of the rotation in Brooklyn and they want to replace him with players that are good. Nets want to use that roster spot for something that could help them. Not doing the buyout directly saves them some money. Aldridge, Millsap, Griffin, and the young guys Claxton and Sharpe can man the 5 and all might be better than DJ.

There’s your answer.
Dude I'm barely getting $5k every 2 weeks, you think I'm putting in extra effort for that slop?

DJ also may not have accepted a buyout from the Nets since he was probably fine being there. Once they trade him now he has to decide on a buyout or Detroit... uhhhhhh give me that buyout please.

It's also not that easy. They might get slightly better at shooting but its not like everyone can turn into Steph Curry. We look at shooting as a pure skill but its also a talent given at birth too... for some guys becoming a good shooter is like asking Steph to be taller.

Simmons is an okay worker I think... I think he's just a coward and is afraid to look dumb by shooting.

Yes, it’s obviously not as cut and dry as I make it sound. There are limitations. Physical ones. Kinesiological ones. Injuries. Their environment—they can’t control which team drafts them or their coaching staff or the consistency within such.

Yes, it’s obviously not as cut and dry as I make it sound. There are limitations. Physical ones. Kinesiological ones. Injuries. Their environment—they can’t control which team drafts them or their coaching staff or the consistency within such.
For sure... and it was the other poster who made it sound easy. Not every guy can make the improvements that Jason Kidd did or Kawhi Leonard. Ben is a unique case as I really do think he shoots with the wrong hand and its likely too far along in his career to make a switch and improve.

Giannis is another case... he has gotten much better as a shooter but he's still awful... that guy is a WORKER... sometimes it isn't just practice and reps.

For sure... and it was the other poster who made it sound easy. Not every guy can make the improvements that Jason Kidd did or Kawhi Leonard. Ben is a unique case as I really do think he shoots with the wrong hand and its likely too far along in his career to make a switch and improve.

Giannis is another case... he has gotten much better as a shooter but he's still awful... that guy is a WORKER... sometimes it isn't just practice and reps.

I do think one great coach could help someone like Giannis though.

Look at Deandre Jordan. Jason Kidd. The former became a respectable free throw shooter overnight when he joined the Mavs while the latter became an above average three point shooter with the team. Both had been bad for over a decade at said tasks but under the guidance of their shooting and free throw coach, Gary Boren, they excelled.

The trick is to find that elite coach.

Last edited:
Gay is more versatile and better at d in any of three positions.