What's new

2021 NBA Draft Preview (new thread)

I think Trey Murphy is going to be gone by the early or mid-20s. He's pretty much the Robert Covington archetype that teams really want.

Someone play devils advocate to my love of Thor. I'm seeing a Siakam-esque vibe to him. Siakam didn't shoot the 3 in college but his FR year had really similar number to Thor on a per 40 basis in a really weak league.

Dude is exactly what we need on this team and where the league is going and where its at. To me his ceiling is mega high as in top 10 in this draft but his floor is actually high as well. Again, what am I missing?
That he's 100% not going to be available at 30.

Jazz need to figure out if Marcus Bagley is going to be good. I can't tell. He's got great measurables and natural talent. I'm just not seeing the competitive fire to really put those tools to use.

He's raw. He's a bit of a project, and his skills as a wing are limited. He'd play more as a defensive-minded 4, except that he may be a 3pt shooting threat. He's got measurables and athleticism that should impact the game. You hope he matures and impacts both ends like Josh Smith did, while shooting a bit more consistently. He needs to add some weight/strength and rebound more to play at the 4. If it works, you've got a 3D big wing who can guard the Anthony Davis types.

He's the kind of guy Toronto would draft as a developmental pick--like they did with Siakam and Chris Boucher.

Note, Boucher went undrafted and spent his rookie season on a 2-way with GS before getting waived and going to Toronto.

I will accept and lament that.
Tony Jones said that’s the guy he’d target… so you have some support there.

Ive just accepted the fact that 75% of the time we will take the guy I hate.

Tony Jones said that’s the guy he’d target… so you have some support there.

Ive just accepted the fact that 75% of the time we will take the guy I hate.
Yeah outside of a few occasions that’s the typical outcome.

Trying to really get hyped on other dudes in that range but not seeing a lot. Weiskamp (did I spell that right?) is ok but his ceiling is super low.

This won’t be popular but I really like the upside of Brandon Boston.

I'm doing a few draft projections. I think that at least one of Roko, Ayo or Vrenz will be available at #30. If guys like Josh Primo and Bones Hyland are breaking into the 1st round, it shakes up the 20s of the draft. Miles McBride could get in the 1st round also.

Look for Roko, Ayo, Vrenz, Josh Christopher and Greg Brown to all be available at least into the mid-20s.

Also, the Jazz are going to get calls on the #30 pick from teams that want Neemias Queta, Day-Ron Sharpe, Christopher, Charles Bassey, Quentin Grimes, etc., imo.

Yeah outside of a few occasions that’s the typical outcome.

Trying to really get hyped on other dudes in that range but not seeing a lot. Weiskamp (did I spell that right?) is ok but his ceiling is super low.

This won’t be popular but I really like the upside of Brandon Boston.
I watched one highlight video... the announcer proclaimed "the Power of Thor" after he blocked a shot or something. I think it was Ian Eagle... it was great. I want him just for the puns. Not even Bolerjack can ruin that... well... I guess he could say Thorability or something stupid like that.

My draft dream would be to trade down with okc for 34 and 36 if Thor is t available at 30. Then hopefully you can get two of Wieskamp/Christopher/Roko/Grimes/Vrenz/McBride

My draft dream would be to trade down with okc for 34 and 36 if Thor is t available at 30. Then hopefully you can get two of Wieskamp/Christopher/Roko/Grimes/Vrenz/McBride
Depending on what’s there at 30, I could totally see us trading out of that pick.

And if we’re going to draft some Euro, I hope we do trade out of it.

I would concur. Outside of Thor there isn’t a lot I want to guarantee 4 years for.

I’d much rather have 2 early seconds if he’s not available.

I also wanted to swing big on McDaniels last year so I’m fully expecting to have Thor available and have us take Sharpe as our 4th string big.

Johnny Juzang is going back to UCLA. Apparently he wasn't looking too great in workouts/scrimmages.

I'd keep #30 and see if we can buy into the 2nd round. Pels, Thunder or Pistons should be willing to move off of one of their picks. That said, the Pels or Thunder might do the deal you're describing if they want to be sure to grab someone at #30.

Last edited: