What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

Especially when you grabbed 11 rebounds per 27 minutes while being upwards of 30% body fat.

He dont even have to get to svelte. Just get to Dejuan Blair status and be an effective 15 mpg player.
He looks like he’s making progress. Still a ways to go. Get him on the Niang diet and shooting program.

Big day tomorrow. See where everyone lands. Kinda hoping @Ferguson_Mellochill is right and the Knicks get a top 4 pick... need them to have some ammo to make an interesting Donovan offer.

Big day tomorrow. See where everyone lands. Kinda hoping @Ferguson_Mellochill is right and the Knicks get a top 4 pick... need them to have some ammo to make an interesting Donovan offer.

Three years ago, the Lakers moved up from #11 to #4 in the lottery, and the Pels got the #1 pick. Lakers completed a trade for Anthony Davis to pair with Lebron. Pels won the Zion sweepstakes to rebuild with. The league has an uncanny knack for having things just work out.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if whoever got the #4 and #5 picks turned around and offered the pick for Donovan, thinking the Jazz might be willing to start over with Jaden Ivey or Shaedon Sharpe. I think Ainge would listen if the offer came with an embarrassing number of picks attached.

Also, if the Kings, Blazers and Wizards don't move up, their picks in the 7 - 10 range could become a factor in Gobert discussions too.

I'd trade Mitchell for him straight up
I like him a lot. I’m also scarred from Exum and would worry about taking a kid that hasn’t played against a lot of high level competition. It’s weird he didn’t play at Kentucky… if the background checked out I’d take him 4th. The mix of shooting size and athleticism is intriguing.

If the Jazz punt on their current roster and walk away from the draft with Shaedon Sharpe/Jaden Ivey, Dyson Daniels and Jalen Duren, they'd be pretty set going forward. Those are three All Star-caliber talents.

Jazz would need to trade Mitchell to a team with a top-5 pick, and they'd have to trade Gobert in a 3-team deal that brings back #8 and #13 (e.g., Kings/Hornets).

Last edited:
If the Jazz punt on their current roster and walk away from the draft with Shaedon Sharpe/Jaden Ivey, Dyson Daniels and Jalen Duren, they'd be pretty set going forward. Those are three All Star-caliber talents.

Jazz would need to trade Mitchell to a team with a top-5 pick, and they'd have to trade Gobert in a 3-team deal that brings back #8 and #13 (e.g., Kings/Hornets).
What would the Kings receive that would motivate them to give up #8?

So Locke is going through Ainge's history and hinted at "maybe the way he built Boston the second time is the right path"... meaning when he tore it down. mentioned that would Donovan give you a 4 year runway to rebuild? And said probably not.... It was not emphatic and there is more to come tomorrow... but this is a huge difference from where he was earlier which is "you blow it up and then what?" Just super dismissive talk.

I have decided Mark Williams is the most under-rated guy in the draft. I think he might be able to stretch to the three... he was clearly not allowed to shoot jumpers but I think the stroke and coordination is there. Some Christian Wood with a brain vibes for me.

So Locke is going through Ainge's history and hinted at "maybe the way he built Boston the second time is the right path"... meaning when he tore it down. mentioned that would Donovan give you a 4 year runway to rebuild? And said probably not.... It was not emphatic and there is more to come tomorrow... but this is a huge difference from where he was earlier which is "you blow it up and then what?" Just super dismissive talk.

After Hayward walked out, Dennis Lindsey rebuilt the Jazz with a 5-year window based on Rudy, Donovan, Ingles, Conley and Bojan. That phase seems to have run its course, with all of those players now reaching 30+ years old (except Donovan). Ingles has expired (probably not just his contract). Bojan is in the final year of his deal (which should be tradable). Conley turns 35 this year. So regardless of the Jazz's performance in the playoffs, the team was facing a reset of sorts.

The big question facing the Jazz though is how they're going to build a highly competitive team when the star players they draft and develop keep wanting to leave Utah. When a team drafts a young prospect, it normally has 7 years of team control on those players. An argument can be made that the Jazz are really operating within that 7-year window to build and develop that team. Now that Mitchell has been with the Jazz for 5 years already, the Jazz's window to build with Mitchell may be down to just two years. That's complicating things.

Ok Dennis
It's 100% against my normal philosophy... but my gawd teh hand padzzzz!

The defense and rim running is the main course.... the shooting would be desert. He's just really coordinated and smooth. He might just stretch it to 15 feet. In his highlight package he has a couple turnarounds and a step back... that and his free throw shooting look smooth. He may just be like Capela with a good free throw stroke. I could see some DeAndre Ayton but with a higher care factor. Ayton was an athletic freak but has tended to play much softer than Williams will.

I'd put him ahead of Duren and firmly in my top 10.