What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

He’s like a low drama super sized Lonzo. The thing I love is he’s about the right things and winning in a ****** environment like the G League… the most selfish league on the planet!!! He’s probably the safest guy 6-14 imo. The jumper doesn’t look bad… the numbers do but I think he’s a jumper away from being a borderline all star but the typ of borderline all star that wins everywhere. Like the guard version of Al Horford.

He’s like a low drama super sized Lonzo. The thing I love is he’s about the right things and winning in a ****** environment like the G League… the most selfish league on the planet!!! He’s probably the safest guy 6-14 imo. The jumper doesn’t look bad… the numbers do but I think he’s a jumper away from being a borderline all star but the typ of borderline all star that wins everywhere. Like the guard version of Al Horford.

All he needs to fix his jumper is to use the same smooth shooting motion that he has on his floaters. It looks like he's making progress. I just don't think an 18 year-old should be expected to shoot that smoothly from NBA range. Not that I was a great shooter, but when I was that age and I got out past 22 feet or so, my shooting motion got jerkier and less consistent. I had to chuck it to a bit to get the distance. I think anyone that young needs to mature physically.

He really is dialed in mentally, plays with discipline and looks to make the right play. Offensively, I was comparing him to Dragic and Hayward. I could see him make a few AS games. He's got some 'it' factor, which I guess means poise, competitiveness and ability. At 6'7" with a 6'10" w.s. and high IQ, he's going to be able to get in the lane and make plays. That's what the Jazz need.

It's too bad the Jazz will have to trade Gobert to be able to reach him in the draft. He's the type of player who could get Gobert the ball when and where he needs it.

Last edited:
All he needs to fix his jumper is to use the same smooth shooting motion that he has on his floaters. It looks like he's making progress. I just don't think an 18 year-old should be expected to shoot that smoothly from NBA range. Not that I was a great shooter, but when I was that age and I got out past 22 feet or so, my shooting motion got jerkier and less consistent. I had to chuck it to a bit to get the distance. I think anyone that young needs to mature physically.

He really is dialed in mentally, plays with discipline and looks to make the right play. Offensively, I was comparing him to Dragic and Hayward. I could see him make a few AS games. He's got some 'it' factor, which I guess means poise, competitiveness and ability. At 6'7" with a 6'10" w.s. and high IQ, he's going to be able to get in the lane and make plays. That's what the Jazz need.

It's too bad the Jazz will have to trade Gobert to be able to reach him in the draft. He's the type of player who could get Gobert the ball when and where he needs it.
Yeah… the other thing is when I was young I lived in the lane so shot like 1/4 of the threes I do now… if you can get in the paint you may not work on or may not be as comfortable taking the three because driving is the better play.

Why is there a thread about us having a pick when..... we actually don't have any picks at all this year?

Why is there a thread about us having a pick when..... we actually don't have any picks at all this year?
Because @Saint Cy of JFC has seen a vision and prophesied that a pick will come from on high… and it’s more fun than discussing our busted *** team.

Here's a Ferguson Mellochill 'Realistic' Mock Draft (Picks 1-25) --
1 ORL - Jabari Smith
2 OKC - Chet Holmgren
3 HOU - Paolo Banchero
4 SAC - Jaden Ivey
5 DET - Keegan Murray
6 IND - Tari Eason
7 POR - Bennedict Mathurin
8 NOL - Dyson Daniels
9 SAS - Shaedon Sharpe
10 WAS - Johnny Davis
11 NYK - Jalen Duren
12 OKC - Ousmane Dieng
13 CHA - AJ Griffin
14 CLE - Ochai Agbaji
15 CHA - Mark Williams
16 ATL - Jeremy Sochan
17 HOU - TyTy Washington
18 CHI - Nikola Jovic
19 MIN - Jalen Williams
20 SAS - Kendall Brown
21 DEN - Wendell Moore
22 MEM - Patrick Baldwin Jr.
23 BRK - E.J. Liddell
24 MIL - Malaki Branham
25 SAS - Jaden Hardy

Last edited:
Here's a Ferguson Mellochill 'Realistic' Mock Draft (Picks 1-25) --
1 ORL - Chet Holmgren
2 OKC - Jabari Smith
3 HOU - Paolo Banchero
4 SAC - Jaden Ivey
5 DET - Keegan Murray
6 IND - Tari Eason
7 POR - Bennedict Mathurin
8 NOL - Dyson Daniels
9 SAS - Shaedon Sharpe
10 WAS - Johnny Davis
11 NYK - Jalen Duren
12 OKC - Ousmane Dieng
13 CHA - AJ Griffin
14 CLE - Ochai Agbaji
15 CHA - Mark Williams
16 ATL - Jeremy Sochan
17 HOU - TyTy Washington
18 CHI - Nikola Jovic
19 MIN - Jalen Williams
20 SAS - Kendall Brown
21 DEN - Wendell Moore
22 MEM - Patrick Baldwin Jr.
23 BRK - E.J. Liddell
24 MIL - Malaki Branham
25 SAS - Jaden Hardy
Sochan is rising, not falling.

Sochan is rising, not falling.
Also I think there is a 0% chance Baldwin goes in the first round after his athletic testing numbers.

Depends on what Sochan projects to be able to do offensively. Otherwise, he's basically Precious Achiuwa and probably comes off the bench, imo.

A big guy who is relatively mobile and can shoot will still probably go in the 1st round. I could see Baldwin shooting lights out in some workouts and going in the 20s somewhere.

I keep coming back to EJ Liddell. Specifically if the Jazz are trying to run back Mitchell and Gobert, in which case that is the guy I am targeting if I’m the Jazz.

-impressive weak-side and chase-down shot-blocker (2.6 blocks per game).
-good defender on switches
-led the combine in standing vertical jump at 35.5 inches
-one of the quickest bigs in the shuttle run.
-comfortable shooter, good candidate as a spacer.
-good rebounder.
-has played a lot of 5 at the college level, could maybe be a real small-ball 5.
-no serious weaknesses to his game.

I could see him being there well into the 20s. I think he’s flying under the radar quite a bit since he’s not flashy but is pure, glorious utility.

Because @Saint Cy of JFC has seen a vision and prophesied that a pick will come from on high… and it’s more fun than discussing our busted *** team.
But The Enlightenment is a period of reason, of the growth and durability of the nascent empirical sciences. Men of reason such as myself and my good friends Jean Jacques Rousseau and Thomas Hobbes dwell upon the nature of society and the future of thy Utah Jazz. Prophecy harkens back to the days of superstition, the days of Corbin. Commit to the analytics that breaks Dawn before us!