What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

What about Dalen Terry tells you he's going to be a plus usage guy who's going to be a pseudo second/third scorer first and his weaknesses are going to be his defensive effort and IQ? I know for sure that's who Jeremy Lamb is....are you telling me that's who Dalen Terry is?
Catchall (Ferg) use to be NBADraft.net's players comparison writer.

Leonard Miller (6'8.5" 211, 7'2" WS): 11.1 lane agility, 3.02 shuttle run, 3.36 3Q sprint, 30.0" standing vert, 36.5" max vert

Pascal Siakam (6'8.5" 223, 7'3" WS): 11.25 lane agility, 3.09 shuttle run, 3.41 3Q sprint, 30.5" standing vert, 36.5" max vert

Siakam was a 3 year college player and 22 when he declared for the draft, Leonard Miller may make the jump straight from HS and will be 18 when/if he's drafted.

Or he just ends up like Patrick McCaw.
For sure... but I think guys that project to fit that smaller role have a much greater shot because they theoretically should be able to play.

Josh Green is another guy that had size athleticism but just hasn't been able to get consistent time and has failed to some degree.

Draft is still a bit of a guessing game... just do your best to make the best guesses possible. The more guesses you make the more likely you are to get some things right.

Jeremy Lamb is not similar to Terry at all other than being long.

Lamb was a moderately talented scorer who was always decently efficient, but could never stay healthy and put it all together.

Terry is a slender jack of all trades type of player who is an awful scorer atm (Lamb's best trait). Maybe he gets better, but scoring in the NBA is going to be an extreme challenge for him unless he gets reliably good at shooting. He's going to have Royce O'Neale offense but he will be able to handle a bit more to create opportunities for others.

I really like Terry though. He's an interesting prospect, but it's very easy to see where these kind of dudes is fail. Progress is not linear or guaranteed for players who struggle to take more than 6 shot per game in their 2nd year of college.

And if you get him in the 2nd round, having a guy with Patrick McCaw's career isnt terrible. He was a role player on a championship team. Good defender who was awful on offense (but didnt matter because GSW were GOATED offensively).

Last edited:
Just remember, look at the past. Look at dudes who you would think "There is no way this player can fail, they do X, Y, and Z and are this athletic and long"

These guys fail all the time,

Leonard Miller (6'8.5" 211, 7'2" WS): 11.1 lane agility, 3.02 shuttle run, 3.36 3Q sprint, 30.0" standing vert, 36.5" max vert

Pascal Siakam (6'8.5" 223, 7'3" WS): 11.25 lane agility, 3.09 shuttle run, 3.41 3Q sprint, 30.5" standing vert, 36.5" max vert

Siakam was a 3 year college player and 22 when he declared for the draft, Leonard Miller may make the jump straight from HS and will be 18 when/if he's drafted.
yeah and siakam was a GREAT college player who had proven he was good at basketball. leonard miller is thon maker or dante exum - a complete unknown.

Just remember, look at the past. Look at dudes who you would think "There is no way this player can fail, they do X, Y, and Z and are this athletic and long"

And Terry isn't in that category for me. Maybe I don't put that kind of thing out there but I can't think of a lot of guys that I thought were can't miss that failed.

I'm maybe more judicious with that type of declaration and save it for guys like Josh Hart types. I liked Denzel Valentine and was really in on Elie Okobo but that was more like a I thought he had huge upside. Likely tainting my own memory. I do believe I said that about Jared Butler but gave the caveat if he's healthy... so we will see there.

Like I have a hard time seeing Wendell Moore not being at least a bench player as a wing for 10 years, but maybe he becomes like Justin Jackson and the 3 or the D is never quite good enough.

There's more to Dalen Terry than being athletic and long. I think he's going to be a good player.

I not high on Banchero, but he's getting a big push lately. I think Chet is the safest pick/most likely to be an all star. I can see why people think Banchero has the most potential because he's the only one out of the top 3 who was a big shot creator in college, but I think Jabari Smith is the better upside pick.

Lmao I got killed for saying Banchero is the #1 pick like literally 2 months ago.
I think he puts up the best stats and wins ROY. I wouldn't take him first... or second I think. I think he might be like a rich man's Tobias Harris.

I think he puts up the best stats and wins ROY. I wouldn't take him first... or second I think. I think he might be like a rich man's Tobias Harris.

I'm higher on him than that. I was critical of him because he was passive in a couple games this year against UNC. But you remember when people used to say, "Man, Ben Simmons, if that guy ever develops a jump shot, he's going to be like a top-5 MVP candidate." I'm close to there on Paolo. Not quite, but close. His ceiling could be a top-5 MVP candidate. I think he's better than on-the-ball-Blake. He's more fluid, and he's a better shooter for sure.

The only question is how valuable this player-type is. He's going to be just a beast in the post.

I can see people choosing Jabari Smith #1. It's simple. The guy can just raise up and drill 3pt jumpers like the defender isn't even there. Plus, he's a defensive presence and he's got potential to develop an in-between game. The issue is that at the end of the day, you want your franchise player to be an unstoppable offensive force. Paolo can do an awful lot offensively, and he can create it all for himself. You can just give him the ball and tell the other team--okay, try and stop this. So much of the game these days is scoring in isolation or driving and kicking out to shooters. I can see Paolo being really, really strong at both of those things.

Last edited:
I’m not sure about the comp, but that’s exactly where I’m at otherwise. He’s gonna eat on a bad team but I think it’s a lot of empty calories unless he makes the three ball more of an emphasis and puts a lot of effort into the unglamorous winning stuff like d-ing up and passing. If he does that he will be a great player but I’ll believe it when I see it.

I’m not sure about the comp, but that’s exactly where I’m at otherwise. He’s gonna eat on a bad team but I think it’s a lot of empty calories unless he makes the three ball more of an emphasis and puts a lot of effort into the unglamorous winning stuff like d-ing up and passing. If he does that he will be a great player but I’ll believe it when I see it.
He's a very good passer. It's one of his best traits