What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

What winning player is the comp, then? PF that doesn’t defend and isn’t a good spacer; what is a good team supposed to do with that?

Of course, he could improve in both respects. That’s the path to winning.

Where in the world do you get that he isn’t a good spacer?

He’s closer to Jayson Tatum than Julius Randle.

Where in the world do you get that he isn’t a good spacer?

He’s closer to Jayson Tatum than Julius Randle.
I should've started with the caveat that I have basically just snooped around the Ringer's draft site and go off the stats and reports there. So I should pump the brakes and people should take what I have to read with a grain of salt.

That being said, 32% on an okay volume of 3s isn't setting the world on fire. You'd be drafting him to develop him, but one would hope a top-3 pick would have the most basic elements of the game down pretty good. And he's apparently an aloof/lazy defender but has the tools. I suppose having the tools is better than trying and failing to defend, but I don't want the starting seed of a rebuild having the attribute I hate the most in a basketball player: low-effort defense.

Last edited:
If the Jazz want to draft a C to replace Gobert, both Jalen Duren and Mark Williams should be starting-caliber, solid defenders with offensive upside. Duren, in particular, compares well to Bam Adebayo and is very young.

I think Jaden Ivey and Jalen Duren are can't-miss prospects in the early and late lottery.

Last edited:
I should've started with the caveat that I have basically just snooped around the Ringer's draft site and go off the stats and reports there. So I should pump the brakes and people should take what I have to read with a grain of salt.

That being said, 32% on an okay volume of 3s isn't setting the world on fire. You'd be drafting him to develop him, but one would hope a top-3 pick would have the most basic elements of the game down pretty good. And he's apparently an aloof/lazy defender but has the tools. I suppose having the tools is better than trying and failing to defend, but I don't want the starting seed of a rebuild having the attribute I hate the most in a basketball player: low-effort defense.
I will say that as a small-ball 5 he could be a wrecking ball.

I am probably irrationally high on EJ Liddell. If his hype doesn't pop leading up to the draft, I could see him being a major find later in the draft.

Unless somebody moves up in the lotto I don't really see a way we're picking at the very top of the lotto. HOU/ORL/DET/OKC are just too early in their rebuilds to trade for either of our guys imo.

Don't really know anything about Sharpe.

I like Murray and Eason in the mid to later lotto. I liked Dyson Daniels in the g-league, later 1st. EJ Liddell is another guy I'd really like in the mid to later 1st.

Dyson is from an hour or so up the road from here, little country town called Bendigo, his stock has really increased over the last two years, (probably saw my first interview with the kid round then) reminds me a lot of Dante, not so much his game but just his attitude, strikes me as a good character kid. Think he could be a bit like Josh Green, maybe better as a pro. I will say this, with Green, Giddey, Daniels, Thybulle, Exum, Mills and Ingles we look pretty solid on the wing for the next Olympics, just need to dig up another big like Bogut and we are ready to roll.

Whoever it is needs to be a tough *** mother who’s an elite defender with some semblance of offense. Marcus Smart and Mikal Bridges elite defense and what we thought they were in college has transferred over perfectly. Bridges isn’t as scrappy as Smart but regardless, their lockdown defenders.

Whoever it is needs to be a tough *** mother who’s an elite defender with some semblance of offense. Marcus Smart and Mikal Bridges elite defense and what we thought they were in college has transferred over perfectly. Bridges isn’t as scrappy as Smart but regardless, their lockdown defenders.

Tari Eason and Jeremy Sochan are two guys who might fit that description.

Looks like Atlanta Paul Millsap to me. Like a dead-ringer.

****en gimme.

He's not as explosive as Millsap, and that showed in his finishing and rebounding. I see him as a Grant Williams-type who can do a bit more when he puts the ball down. He's a guy who will look better in an NBA concept than in college, but I think his role is mostly 3D with the ability to guard 3 - 5, make open spot-up 3s, and make some drive-and-kick plays. Maybe like Eric Paschall with more ability to score in the mid-range.

He's not as explosive as Millsap, and that showed in his finishing and rebounding. I see him as a Grant Williams-type who can do a bit more when he puts the ball down. He's a guy who will look better in an NBA concept than in college, but I think his role is mostly 3D with the ability to guard 3 - 5, make open spot-up 3s, and make some drive-and-kick plays. Maybe like Eric Paschall with more ability to score in the mid-range.
I don’t know how you see a dude that’s mostly played center as a SF but alright.

I might change my mind later, but he’s the dude I might stake my irrational homer flag for. And we can both be right and I’m not an expert but I’m also sticking with the Millsap comp.

I don’t know how you see a dude that’s mostly played center as a SF but alright.

I might change my mind later, but he’s the dude I might stake my irrational homer flag for. And we can both be right and I’m not an expert but I’m also sticking with the Millsap comp.
Early Paul was explosive... Atlanta Paul not as much. I think he somewhere on the Paul Millsap - Grant Williams - DeJuan Blair spectrum.

I like him in the 20s... there aren't a lot of dudes I like in the 20s.

Early Paul was explosive... Atlanta Paul not as much. I think he somewhere on the Paul Millsap - Grant Williams - DeJuan Blair spectrum.

I like him in the 20s... there aren't a lot of dudes I like in the 20s.
I don’t know if I’ve ever seen such a deep draft for wings/forwards from the perspective of prospective rotation players (not necessarily stars). You know, the body type/skill set a team can’t have too much of?

Would be a great draft to have multiple picks.

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen such a deep draft for wings/forwards from the perspective of prospective rotation players (not necessarily stars). You know, the body type/skill set a team can’t have too much of?

Would be a great draft to have multiple picks.
Once you get past 20ish I think its pretty rough. I do think the middle of the draft is strong with players that fit the mold. I also really like Mark Williams... I know a true center, but he's athletic, long, he protects the rim, his motor runs hot, not like Bam but he can likely step out and survive... but he also has good touch around the rim and is a good free throw shooter... their may be a jumper in there... think he could be budget DeAndre Ayton.