2023 NBA Combine Thread

Anthony Black
Taylor Hendricks
Kobe Bufkin
Jarace Walker
Gradey Dick
Cason Wallace
Man I wish we could put Cam in that group :(

Can we put the lesser twin in there though?

View: https://twitter.com/MarkC_NBA/status/1658558389180579840

Here is the list of vert cheaters.... good news is standing reach is likely bigger but you need to shave a bit off the vert.

Weird to me that Edey would be on that list. Seems like standing reach would be way more important for his position. Especially since we already know he cant jump. I dont really care if a dude that big can jump or not. I dont see him winning any dunk contests anytime soon but a great standing reach would bode well for blocking shots.

Weird to me that Edey would be on that list. Seems like standing reach would be way more important for his position. Especially since we already know he cant jump. I dont really care if a dude that big can jump or not. I dont see him winning any dunk contests anytime soon but a great standing reach would bode well for blocking shots.
Yeah IDK… he’d have the most ability for a differential there since he has more body. I knew a guy that was 6-11 and he’d measure differently earlier in the day than at the end of the night because of gravity… so was 7 foot in the morning and 6-11 at night. I’m not sure he plays in the nba either way… if he does it will be as a Boban bit player most likely.

His standing reach is going to be massive regardless if he flubbed it or not. A guy his size putting up a 30'" vert opposed to a 27" is significantly more eye catching and addresses the main concern around Edey.

So are measurements done? Mighty disappointing if Keyonte doesn’t measure. Is he there?

Will be fun to watch Amari Bailey. I’m still very high on him and would consider him a good pick at 28. I do not buy him as a big scorer, but more as a two way connective piece. Love his athleticism, defense, and competitiveness. I especially like him with Will Hardy who can help him improve his guard skills.

Measurements winners are: (these are relative to my personal expectations)

• The Twins
  • GG Jackson (Beat the short wingspan relative to height allegations)
  • JHS (just a massive bodied and long PG)
  • Maxwell Lewis
  • Ryan Rupert (+8'' wingspan holy moly)
  • Jarace Walker (absolute tank of a human with elite length)
  • Dariq Whitehead (came in taller than I thought)
  • Zach Edey (my god)
  • OMP
  • Mo Gueye

Losers:

• Taylor Hendricks (came up lacking on the wingspan after it being rumored it was 7'3 and was shorter than expected)
  • Mike Miles (rare to see a negative wingspan on a 6' player)
  • Jordan Hawkins (thought he'd have a longer wingspan)
  • Sidy Cissoko (after being told he was 6'8 by Pooh Jeter, 6'5.5 is underwhelming)
  • Judah Mintz (probably one of the guys I've watched the least, but in the limited time I've seen him I thought of him as being a long-armed player, but is only + 0.5'')
I'll also add Amari Bailey to the list of "Winners" because he came in much longer than I expected.

Thought he would be 6'2 w/ a 6'5 wingspan at best, but 6'3.25 and a 6'7 wingspan is pretty nice. He also has one of the longer vertical reaches at 8'7.5 that I've seen for someone his height.

Also, in regards to long reaches for shorter players, Omari Moore at 9'1.5 reach while being 6'5.25 might be the craziest reach number I've ever seen.

*Though there are sometimes clerical errors, and I wouldnt be shocked if that was the case for Moore and Bailey.*

I think this year is definitely the best talent they've ever had at scrimmages?

I know last year J-Will played and no one playing this year is probably that good (maybe L Miller), but just the overall roster talent seems higher