What's new

2023 NBA Combine Thread

looking at that boxscore, pretty good floor game for walsh with 7 rebs and 5 assists - even though he didn't make many, he managed to get up 11 shots and knocked down his FTs. seems like there is definitely hope for him, but as cy keeps saying, probably just not ready yet for this level.

15/7/5 in 21 minutes

looking at that boxscore, pretty good floor game for walsh with 7 rebs and 5 assists - even though he didn't make many, he managed to get up 11 shots and knocked down his FTs. seems like there is definitely hope for him, but as cy keeps saying, probably just not ready yet for this level.
I just have a hard time buying guys with obvious confidence issues. I do like his game and feel though.

i'm not sure if that's good or bad. he's a big guy, one you don't want to see get too big.

I’m out on Walker and prefer Hendricks. Better shooting, more verticality to his game. Walker is heavy, looks relatively slow (or not quick anyway) laterally and definitely is vertically challenged in-game.

Jarace and GG with good 3/4 court sprint numbers -- 3.20 and 3.21, respectively. That's actually a pretty good measure of overall athleticism. Jarace hauls *** for a player his size.

Jarrett Allen, Bam Adebayo and John Collins were 3.21, 3.24 and 3.27, respectively, in 2017.

Walker did it once. Can he do it up and down a court in the NBA, the pace what it is, at his size, for 35 minutes a night?

I’m out on Walker and prefer Hendricks. Better shooting, more verticality to his game. Walker is heavy, looks relatively slow (or not quick anyway) laterally and definitely is vertically challenged in-game.

I could see Walker slipping a few spots, not because he's disappointed, but because other guys are going to look good in workouts--Hendricks, Dick, George, Wallace, etc. Walker is a player that needs to be used the right way to really have an impact. There were a number of games at Houston where he was almost invisible for certain stretches. But if he's allowed to create on a spaced floor, that's where his upside starts to come out.

He's going to be a load to deal with if he's handling the ball and coming downhill.

Walker did it once. Can he do it up and down a court in the NBA, the pace what it is, at his size, for 35 minutes a night?

Guys like Millsap and Jarrell Brantley made good defensive rotations at higher body weights. I think he should be okay. I'd like to see a workout he's in.

Guys like Millsap and Jarrell Brantley made good defensive rotations at higher body weights. I think he should be okay. I'd like to see a workout he's in.
Comparing Walker to Brantley isn’t the flex you think it is.

I know I’m a big dumb dumb but I see that more than I do Draymond 2.0.

Comparing Walker to Brantley isn’t the flex you think it is.

I know I’m a big dumb dumb but I see that more than I do Draymond 2.0.

The poster was questioning Walker's ability to run the floor well at his size. I'm saying bigger guys do it all the time.

Wizards fans seem to think their priority at #8 is to draft a guard -- Black, Dick, Wallace, Keyonte. One of Walker, Whitmore or Hendricks could make it to #9.

Wizards fans seem to think their priority at #8 is to draft a guard -- Black, Dick, Wallace, Keyonte. One of Walker, Whitmore or Hendricks could make it to #9.
Magic fans are also focused on shooting at the guard/wing spots.

I think this comes down to what the Pacers do. I don’t think Whitmore makes it past Detroit.

I feel like a Walker workout video is going to drop and people are going to go crazy over how good he looks at his size. He's one of the guys who could probably benefit from a great pro-day because the narrative behind him from people who believe in him is that he wasnt able to show his entire game at Houston.