What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I left out the word ‘realistic’ in my question…
You know who Reggie Miller was before he was basically a household name? Some long, lanky prospect that moved well and could shoot the **** out of the ball.

Dick isn’t some dude that just camps out and hits spot-ups. He’s hitting on the move, relocating, and off the dribble. Adept at exploiting aggressive close outs and overplaying by getting to the rim. Gets his shot off quickly with a high release point and hits them contested. Feel for the game jumps off the screen.

As a 19-year old, he has some weaknesses to his game but his floor is high and so is his ceiling.

Last edited:
but more likely ends up Rodney Hood
Nah. He’s gonna be a real rotation piece in the league for 2-3 contracts at minimum (health permitting). As a floor, I have that higher than half the guys that might or will go top-10.

Dick makes a lot of sense for Utah.

If we could turn the three picks into Dick and Wallace, I’d be good with that.

Nah. He’s gonna be a real rotation piece in the league for 2-3 contracts at minimum (health permitting). As a floor, I have that higher than half the guys that might or will go top-10.
Rodney Hood played in the NBA for 8 seasons averaging 10.4 points per game on 42.0 FG% and 36.6 FG3% over his career. That is not exactly an insult.

Rodney Hood played in the NBA for 8 seasons averaging 10.4 points per game on 42.0 FG% and 36.6 FG3% over his career. That is not exactly an insult.
I get what you are saying, but Hood's game was pretty unique. He was one of the most contact adverse players I've ever seen. His whole game was predicted on getting his shot off by avoiding contact. He had the deadliest dribble pull up game and could rise over anyone to get his shot off.

Dick is a better athlete and is going to get to the rim more. He's got the dribble pull-up game as well, but he isnt a dribble pull up hunter like Hood was.

My questions on Dick:

- Can he bulk up enough for defense and attacking the rim
- Can he score at 3 levels?

Iif he’s just a Kevin Heurter I’d rather take someone with more upsides.

My questions on Dick:

- Can he bulk up enough for defense and attacking the rim
- Can he score at 3 levels?

Iif he’s just a Kevin Heurter I’d rather take someone with more upsides.
So there are questions about whether Dick is long enough, and you are asking if he is thick enough too.

Big picture question: In my heart don't believe it, but I must ask due to present day reality, If offenses are now unstoppable, at a high level, what's the point of drafting someone with defensive skill? Maybe just go all out for offensive skill instead?

Big picture question: In my heart don't believe it, but I must ask due to present day reality, If offenses are now unstoppable, at a high level, what's the point of drafting someone with defensive skill? Maybe just go all out for offensive skill instead?

Because a good defender still makes a difference from a bad defender. Think about the reverse, what if it was really hard to score and defenses dominated. Would it sill be worth getting a good offense player?

Both point totals matter lol.

If would could come up with Amen, Black, and Dick in the draft, that could lead to some interesting threads here.