What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I would love to snag Bailey at the right cost (late 2nd, undrafted FA). The talent is there, the production wasn’t. Would be a great project for an organization that excels at development and has resolved itself to that end which the Jazz are.

Amari Bailey is a nice prospect though, should be in play at #28. Good connector on offense and fantastic defender. Don't let the make believe stat users lecture you on what type of player he is.

Amari Bailey is a nice prospect though, should be in play at #28. Good connector on offense and fantastic defender. Don't let the make believe stat users lecture you on what type of player he is.

What is a make believe stat user?

Yeah...we're not reigniting that dumbass conversation. Obviously hype will raise guys stock, but people were not artificially rating him low because they didn't think he would declare.

I'm just glad that my favorite mid range dominant scorer is in this draft.
I literally listened to No Ceilings podcast where they have said they don't have a guy ranked because they didn't expect him to declare

I literally listened to No Ceilings podcast where they have said they don't have a guy ranked because they didn't expect him to declare

And why did they assume he wouldn't declare and another freshman wouldn't? No one knew what his decision would be, they were assuming his decision based on how good they thought he was. This isn't even the conversation we were having before. Before it was, "they ranked this guy low" now it's "they are choosing not to rank him at all" which are two different conversations but you want to move the goalposts. If you remember, this started out as why do people have Amari ranked so much lower than JHS. You keep arguing circles, but it's incredibly obvious that people make assumptions on whether or not a player will declare based on how good they think they are when there is no other intel.

I don't care to talk about this ever again. If you bring this up again, I will just repeatedly make fun of you for the time you tried to lecture me about the modern game. It's impossible to take you seriously when you are so willing to make up something out of thin air and double down by trying to lecture people about the fake thing you made up.

And why did they assume he wouldn't declare and another freshman wouldn't? No one knew what his decision would be, they were assuming his decision based on how good they thought he was. This isn't even the conversation we were having before. Before it was, "they ranked this guy low" now it's "they are choosing not to rank him at all" which are two different conversations but you want to move the goalposts. If you remember, this started out as why do people have Amari ranked so much lower than JHS. You keep arguing circles, but it's incredibly obvious that people make assumptions on whether or not a player will declare based on how good they think they are when there is no other intel.

I don't care to talk about this ever again. If you bring this up again, I will just repeatedly make fun of you for the time you tried to lecture me about the modern game. It's impossible to take you seriously when you are so willing to make up something out of thin air and double down by trying to lecture people about the fake thing you made up.
Brother you are hilarious. You just close your eyes in the face of evidence when the people who create rankings and conversations are literally saying this stuff matters.

Why do you think players hold off on announcing? Because they want their announcement to be news. They want eyes on them and their prospect. They want the discussion that comes with it

i've followed him for the the last three years. for playing ****** competition he's been mostly inefficient and hasn't really gotten better since his sophomore season. doesn't do much on the floor beyond scoring. good college player, but hard to take him seriously as an nba prospect. should have some success overseas. i do agree with you however that it can be tough to stand out in those scrimmages and a performance like that definitely makes one take notice.

i've followed him for the the last three years. for playing ****** competition he's been mostly inefficient and hasn't really gotten better since his sophomore season. doesn't do much on the floor beyond scoring. good college player, but hard to take him seriously as an nba prospect. should have some success overseas. i do agree with you however that it can be tough to stand out in those scrimmages and a performance like that definitely makes one take notice.
I think there's just a certain level of assertiveness and confidence you have to have to standout in these things and that can be the difference between making it the NBA and not. You certainly dont want to sign an under the radar prospect who has no cajones.

I would love to snag Bailey at the right cost (late 2nd, undrafted FA). The talent is there, the production wasn’t. Would be a great project for an organization that excels at development and has resolved itself to that end which the Jazz are.
the production was better than he gets credit for: 50/40 shooter on 11ppg in conference play (not much worse 49/39 over the entire season). the ppg lower than most top OAD prospects, but the efficiency was elite for OAD.

Today Locke pegged Ainge as a guy who likes scorers.

Do the Jazz take GG/Brice/Cam/Keyonte/NSJ/Sasser?

Those are the players I would peg as the "scorers" in this draft class.

the production was better than he gets credit for: 50/40 shooter on 11ppg in conference play (not much worse 49/39 over the entire season). the ppg lower than most top OAD prospects, but the efficiency was elite for OAD.
I think he's a fine player, I just dont see any standout skills/abilities. Maybe his athleticism pops way more at the NBA level. I think his name gets interesting after 35 or so.

Today Locke pegged Ainge as a guy who likes scorers.

Do the Jazz take GG/Brice/Cam/Keyonte/NSJ/Sasser?

Those are the players I would peg as the "scorers" in this draft class.
i wonder if he sees either of the thompsons as scorers. jalen wilson perhaps as a darkhorse end of first guy or maybe he trades back to early/mid second and takes a guy like him or mike miles.