What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

step 1: select Ausar or Cam
step 2: get any of Black, Wallace, Bufkin, Miller, Hawkins, or George
step 3: if we still have 28 then get GG, Jones, Sasser, Sidy, or Lewis
step 4: enjoy summer league

Does 16+28 get us to #10? Draft trade value is hard to judge.
Not in this draft. I think it will take a future pick (Dallas doesn't want two rookies) or some cap help. If I was guessing...

KO and 16 for 10 and Bertans
16, 28, and we assume Mcgee's deal for 10.
16 and a future Minny/LA/Cavs pick for 10.

i hate you for saying that and hate you more because it's a distinct possibility. hopefully the ainge administration won't allow these things to happen any more.
Ainge has done this kind of thing before but I see no need for it for us. Traded the pick that became Desmond Bane for some cap flexibility.

So I’m now finally taking a deeper dive into the players projected later in the draft and some are started to jump out to me. I think there are guys worth drafting and just seeing if it works. As already mentioned, there are a couple of teams like Charlotte and Indiana that might rather do something other than draft four guys in the later part of the draft.

Jalen Picket is interesting to me. Isaiah Wong might be there at 55 (the Pacers 5th pick this year). Judah Mintz might go undrafted. AJJ could be a lot of fun if the Jazz really devote themselves to spacing bigs besides Kessler.

Some interesting players out there.
Judah Mintz is going back to Syracuse. As far as looking at guys late in the draft, I think the Jazz are looking to get a couple of brand new 2-way players and letting them compete during summer league.