What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I like that George is someone that doesn't need someone else to get him open looks.
Hawkins doesn't need to be fed either,despite that off ball dominance. I think he is far more skilled creating space for himself on ball than most realize. Keonte is better in that regard but not by much, and Hawkins is the better shooter by quite a large margin.
Doesn't matter, if we are not in the business of drafting scorers at 9, we won't get either. I would bet there is less chance either of them last to 16 than others like Wallace or NSJ.

He's not the next Greek Freak. You're hoping that he becomes the French Penny Hardaway, or at least that he's the third Thompson Twin.
ok, but I think it's all premature overreation to noone else still balling and he was. It's no secret that his team was showcasing him down the stretch until the last game when they all fell asleep including him.
I got him as a nice upside project worth gambling on in the 20's but probably will have to use the 16 on him if we want to find out of he has more to offer than face value. I doubt he goes before 16, but I know OKC loves him smh

Hawkins doesn't need to be fed either,despite that off ball dominance. I think he is far more skilled creating space for himself on ball than most realize. Keonte is better in that regard but not by much, and Hawkins is the better shooter by quite a large margin.
Doesn't matter, if we are not in the business of drafting scorers at 9, we won't get either. I would bet there is less chance either of them last to 16 than others like Wallace or NSJ.
I like both George and Hawkins. Not for #9, but either are fine at 16.

I like both George and Hawkins. Not for #9, but either are fine at 16.
I could be crazy but I think both are in play at 10-14 over a lot of other prospects and so we have to decide if what either has to offer is worth passing on defensive prospects that won't be there at 16 either. I think I would want them to take Leo Miller at 9 if they feel he wont be there at 16, and hope one of those 2 slides to 16. But I just cannot see it happening and think we have to use 9 for elite upside offense if we want that.

It just makes too much sense.
especially if we are high on Bilal. I could see a situation where the two best guys I have on my board are Wallace and Black so moving to 10 doesn't do much for me... but if they are in on Bilal you can take your pick on pg and take Bilal. If Black goes early you take a wing and Wallace.

Let's will it into existence.

especially if we are high on Bilal. I could see a situation where the two best guys I have on my board are Wallace and Black so moving to 10 doesn't do much for me... but if they are in on Bilal you can take your pick on pg and take Bilal. If Black goes early you take a wing and Wallace.

I’m down for a Black/Wallace draft lol.

The best case scenario where we move to 10 likely is Black going top-8 leaving someone like Hendricks at 9 and Wallace at 10. This is obviously a great scenario I just am super high on Black lol.

Cam falls at 6 and Bilal falls at 11. Its not rock solid, but Magic are making those picks. Trade with the Magic? We send them Tay Henney and JHS. Me thinks so, if I had to guess.

So the Jazz get Cam, Bilal, and Sidy/GG this draft? Dang, that's good. I view Sidy as a functional big point guard anyway.

Last edited:
The best case scenario where we move to 10 likely is Black going top-8 leaving someone like Hendricks at 9 and Wallace at 10. This is obviously a great scenario I just am super high on Black lol.
I can see Cason getting picked at #8 as well... so you may end up with Black and Henny. I think Ausar and Jarace are more likely to be there at 9 than Taylor... but basically agree with the premise. If someone takes Black or Cason you can take the other plus Walker/Ausar/Henny... its the best realistic draft imo.