What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Exum would have been a pretty good late first round pick, to be fair. Lots of injuries derailed him, but could have been fine otherwise.
i mean, late in the draft, like 26 and later, you basically can't go wrong with whoever you decide to take - if you hit, wonderful, if you don't that's the expectation. so sure, take rupert or anybody at 28 and hope for the best.

I think he becomes Don without a shot.

Electric at times and tons of “oh my god!” Moments that don’t amount to actually winning at a high level.

He could honestly win ROY, but after 5-7 years when the dust really settles I think he will be seen as empty calories.

Or he becomes and even bigger miss for me than Noah Vonleh, ;)
I think he is in a completely different league from Mitchell as a passer, and a superior athlete.

Mitchell became an excellent shooter but was not one coming out of college so I give Scoot the same amount of leeway to make himself a respectable shooter. If he does that I think he’s an all star fixture for a decade.

Should be fun to revisit. I don’t think I’ve ever actually had any draft takes like I do for this year. And all without watching anyone play the games. Lol

I don't really care if someone is right or wrong in hindsight. The draft is a crap shoot. If you're the guy saying pro days are "too hard" you are deeply unserious.

I think he is in a completely different league from Mitchell as a passer, and a superior athlete.

Mitchell became an excellent shooter but was not one coming out of college so I give Scoot the same amount of leeway to make himself a respectable shooter. If he does that I think he’s an all star fixture for a decade.

Should be fun to revisit. I don’t think I’ve ever actually had any draft takes like I do for this year. And all without watching anyone play the games. Lol
i think it's a little better passer and a little better athlete...remember donovan could do this: (he's no slouch as an athlete)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U2jWoRK6mg

maybe a tad better as a passer - DM is underrated as a passer, but DM is a better shooter.

overall they are/were about even - though DM was 20 coming out and Scoot is just 19. Donovan probably longer and they are about the same height. it's a good comparison. Scoot has some things on DM, DM some things on scoot.

I think he becomes Don without a shot.

Electric at times and tons of “oh my god!” Moments that don’t amount to actually winning at a high level.

He could honestly win ROY, but after 5-7 years when the dust really settles I think he will be seen as empty calories.

Or he becomes and even bigger miss for me than Noah Vonleh, ;)
I think Scoot already has shown better defense than Don and is more of a team player setting up teammates rather than force bad shots. I think his shot is just as good coming into the league as Don's was at the same point too.

I think Scoot already has shown better defense than Don and is more of a team player setting up teammates rather than force bad shots. I think his shot is just as good coming into the league as Don's was at the same point too.
huh? what are you basing that opinion on? people were comparing DM to Avery Bradley as a defender. what has scoot done defensively to make anybody think he's even above average?

and if scoot doesn't force bad shots, why does he only shoot 42% FGs and 27% from three? either he's a ****** shooter or he's forcing bad shots or some of both. likely the latter option.

i think it's a little better passer and a little better athlete...remember donovan could do this: (he's no slouch as an athlete)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U2jWoRK6mg

maybe a tad better as a passer - DM is underrated as a passer, but DM is a better shooter.

overall they are/were about even - though DM was 20 coming out and Scoot is just 19. Donovan probably longer and they are about the same height. it's a good comparison. Scoot has some things on DM, DM some things on scoot.

Mitchell has some amazing athletic moments. But remember how many blown dunks he had? Scoot has more... versatile(?) athleticism (tales from my ***, but feels correct.) I do think they are decent comparables, and Mitchell is definitely worth a top 3 draft pick imo.

Mitchell's defense form college to NBA is also a perfect representation of how these strengths and weaknesses can be total ******** in the end. Mitchell basically became the exact opposite player that people would have pegged him for.

Mitchell has some amazing athletic moments. But remember how many blown dunks he had? Scoot has more... versatile(?) athleticism (tales from my ***, but feels correct.) I do think they are decent comparables, and Mitchell is definitely worth a top 3 draft pick imo.

Mitchell's defense from college to NBA is also a perfect representation of how these strengths and weaknesses can be total ******** in the end. Mitchell basically became the exact opposite player that people would have pegged him for.
Not Mitchell

Mitchell without a shot.

Very key difference

I find it pretty hard to actually peg who is the 2nd best player in the class.

Scoot seems to be the safest bet because whoever drafts him will probably give him the keys pretty early on.

Miller will probably be desiginated to more of a supporting star role for most of his career, so it might be tough for him to actually standout as the clear 2nd best.

Amen's shot will probably prevent him from ever being the 2nd best.

Donovan Mitchell is a reasonable comp for Scoot Henderson. Mitchell's offensive efficiency was questionable his first couple years in the league.

Scoot may not bomb deep 3s, but he'll find ways to score efficiently enough, imo.

Mitchell's defense form college to NBA is also a perfect representation of how these strengths and weaknesses can be total ******** in the end. Mitchell basically became the exact opposite player that people would have pegged him for.
Don is a two foot jumper too... I don't think Scoot is. I think Scoot is a nuclear athlete when you consider strength as well as run and jump stuff.

The passing will be one big separator on Scoot's side... the shooting will favor Don. I can't imagine Scoot is worse on defense than Don in the pros... but maybe.