What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxpe12yGoTY

Leonard Miller is easily the most awkward interview I have ever heard.

Here's what I like about this -- Indiana has worked out Gradey Dick and Leonard Miller in the past 24 hours, two guys they could draft by trading back from 7 to Utah's #9 and #16. Kevin Pritchard reportedly had dinner with Gradey Dick yesterday evening. Yes, Indiana has picks in the late 20s that they could package to move up to the early 20s, but if Whitmore and Walker are off the board they can probably get Hendricks at 9, or they can take Dick and Miller with Utah's picks. Meanwhile, Utah could move up to take Amen Thompson (....yeah, or Anthony Black).

Last edited:
I could get on board with Black easier than I could get excited about Hendricks. At least with Black, you try to pretend he's Jason Kidd and you let him push the ball and see what happens.

I wonder if Indiana would do 7/26 for 9/16.

If Cam and Jarace are gone, I would think it's possible. It would take something like Cam going at 4, Jarace at 5 and Ausar at 6. Utah would move to 7 and choose between Amen and Black. Washington would likely take the guard that Utah passed on (or maybe even Bufkin). Both Hendricks and Dick are available to Indiana at #9. Then someone like Leonard Miller, who they just worked out today, is in play at #16.

If Utah and Indiana are confident that Washington is going to take Black/Bufkin, it makes sense.

Utah might be able to package 26 + 28 and move up to something like 22 with Brooklyn to take a player like George, Howard or Sensabaugh. If the Jazz have Amen in a completely different tier from Black, Bufkin and Coulibaly, they probably make this move.

Last edited:
Only the choicest cuts.

Dick jokes? Nah.
A Dick joke threaded into a 69 joke that actually happens to work with the 6th and 9th picks and where Cam Whitmore might actually land and the fact that Orlando should trade down to grab Dick? *chefs kiss*
Hearing Dick could fall out of the draft entirely due to teams being concerned with fans telling an excessive amount of dick jokes:p

If Cam and Jarace are gone, I would think it's possible. It would take something like Cam going at 4, Jarace at 5 and Ausar at 6. Utah would move to 7 and choose between Amen and Black. Washington would likely take the guard that Utah passed on (or maybe even Bufkin). Both Hendricks and Dick are available to Indiana at #9. Then someone like Leonard Miller, who they just worked out today, is in play at #16.

If Utah and Indiana are confident that Washington is going to take Black/Bufkin, it makes sense.

Utah might be able to package 26 + 28 and move up to something like 22 with Brooklyn to take a player like George, Howard or Sensabaugh. If the Jazz have Amen in a completely different tier from Black, Bufkin and Coulibaly, they probably make this move.

Actually, Indiana could walk off with Hendricks and Keyonte George. That's a nice haul for them.

I wonder if Indiana would do 7/26 for 9/16.
I’m in whoever falls to us mode so I probably wouldn’t… I would think that is fair though. I suppose if we found a way to get 15 by flipping 26 or 28 and getting JC that I’d be more on board.

Here's what I like about this -- Indiana has worked out Gradey Dick and Leonard Miller in the past 24 hours, two guys they could draft by trading back from 7 to Utah's #9 and #16. Kevin Pritchard reportedly had dinner with Gradey Dick yesterday evening. Yes, Indiana has picks in the late 20s that they could package to move up to the early 20s, but if Whitmore and Walker are off the board they may be thinking about taking Hendricks vs. taking both Miller and Dick. Meanwhile, Utah could move up to take Amen Thompson (....yeah, or Anthony Black).
I’d rather much get 9th and trade up to get 10th also.. then draft Hendricks and Bufkin.

Much better than just getting a 7th imo.. (Ausar)

I’d rather much get 9th and trade up to get 10th also.. then draft Hendricks and Bufkin.

I think the idea here is that Amen slips to #7. If the Jazz have Amen in a completely different tier from Hendricks, Bufkin and Bilal, they might make that move. It's expensive, no doubt, as it's probably costing the Jazz a chance at Keyonte George in the 14 - 16 range.

I have Amen as the #3 prospect in the draft. His ability to beat defenders and feed Lauri and Walker could be a game-changer.

Last edited:
I think the idea here is that Amen slips to #7. If the Jazz have Amen in a completely different tier from Hendricks, Bufkin and Bilal, they might make that move. It's expensive, no doubt, as it's probably costing the Jazz a chance at Keyonte George in the 14 - 16 range.

I have Amen as the #3 prospect in the draft. His ability to beat defenders and feed Lauri and Walker could be a game-changer.
Would Amen ever fall that far?

Even if he does… I still think I’d rather have Hendricks and Bufkin.. it’s close, but I really buy shooting and those 2 have proven they can knock it down with consistency.

I do something like that if Cam is there but not anyone else within the realm of belief.