What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

It should be pretty clear by now how much the Jazz value shooting. If a player can't shoot well enough, he gets shown the door pretty quickly--e.g., Bolmaro, Nickeil, Vanderbilt, and now maybe with THT.
If this is in reference to Cam, the jury is still out. When you take out the shots he wouldn’t/shouldn’t be shooting in the NBA he was actually pretty damn good last year.

K, I’m done for now. But **** is gonna get insufferable for a lot of people if Whitmore ends up better than Hendricks or George.

It's just wild how close we were to my optimal draft vs what we got.

Basically one pick away from either Bilal or Walker, which would have been my top realistic picks at 9 and possibly one pick away from JHS, who would have been my top pick at 16 and someone I had rated extremely highly.

Do I know they would have taken JHS if George was off? No, but every indication was that he was the next guy.
So the rumor was that Washington traded up to block OKC from swooping in to get Bilal. That tells me that, ultimately, the Jazz COULD have traded up for Walker. I would have done it, but I believe the Jazz think that the difference between Walker and Hendricks wasn't worth a first round pick.

So, there is a chance that Washington blocking OKC screwed us out of Walker. Sigh. . . Guess I got to trust Danny.

So the rumor was that Washington traded up to block OKC from swooping in to get Bilal. That tells me that, ultimately, the Jazz COULD have traded up for Walker. I would have done it, but I believe the Jazz think that the difference between Walker and Hendricks wasn't worth a first round pick.

So, there is a chance that Washington blocking OKC screwed us out of Walker. Sigh. . . Guess I got to trust Danny.

Jazz offered 2 FRPs to Detroit to move up to #5. Surely, they would have offered at least a FRP to move up to #7.

If all 3 players hit as far as their shooting projections go, Utah will have a pretty insane shooting team. We are kind of setting up to build another version of the Rudy Gobert teams.

If we had Lauri and another secondary rim protector on that team, they would have won it all.

Jazz offered 2 FRPs to Detroit to move up to #5. Surely, they would have offered at least a FRP to move up to #7.
Unless they wanted a Thompson twin or Black. I suspect that they were fine with either Hendricks or Walker. Danny probably liked Walker and Hardy liked Hendricks.

View: https://twitter.com/The_Uncontested/status/1672292764740927494

I hope Hendricks can eventually do a bit of everything. He's ours now. Right now, he's very limited in terms of ball skills.
Agree to disagree. He played the role he was asked to play but I saw him show more.

It did a BIT of everything not a lot of everything after all

What page? I only went through like the first 5 and didn't see a mention of his name yet.

That’s another thing Vecenie or Russillo mentioned. They pass on Cam because of medicals and/or a bad workout… but then they draft Sensabaugh who had meniscus surgeries (the bad kind that actually don’t improve the condition, just gets rid of the debris) in high school and couldn’t even do a workout… because of likely knee issues?

What the ****
At 28

This is what’s driving me kinda nuts. The Jazz were kinda singularly the most flagrant in their passing on Whitmore since they did it twice (and later than the Magic).

Listened to Vecenie on Russillo today and they were both just dumbfounded and called out the Jazz specifically. I’m pretty much back to just… how the **** did we do that? P3 says Whitmore is the most like Anthony Edwards in their database and if he gets a shoulder on someone driving then it’s done.

We can sit here and say he’s comatose in an interview or maybe he has a leg with question marks or he did a bad job in workouts, but when he takes the floor he competes and is on another level as a specimen.

Keyonte and Hendricks better be ****ing awesome cuz there is very much a chance that Whitmore makes 10-15 teams look like fools.
This is how I feel about not trading up for Bilal

It should be pretty clear by now how much the Jazz value shooting. If a player can't shoot well enough, he gets shown the door pretty quickly--e.g., Bolmaro, Nickeil, Vanderbilt, and now maybe with THT.

Apparently, one of the new players coming in is taking the number '0', which was THT's number.

View: https://twitter.com/dana_greene/status/1672371557468090368

Probably because THT is switching back to #5, his number for the Lakers but Beasley had it for the Jazz. Beasley is gone now.