What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

If a suspension for something serious I'd agree, but i grant a pass for sure. Players get suspended, Kris Dunn just recently. B Miller was connected with a murder a friend committed and went at the top of the draft.

Have to look at the big picture, it's like finding the perfect house and passing because of a tree or mailbox. The youngest player the last two leagues he's played, I slept my *** of at that age whenever I could.

If a suspension for something serious I'd agree, but i grant a pass for sure. Players get suspended, Kris Dunn just recently. B Miller was connected with a murder a friend committed and went at the top of the draft.

Have to look at the big picture, it's like finding the perfect house and passing because of a tree or mailbox. The youngest player the last two leagues he's played, I slept my *** of at that age whenever I could.

If your argument is that GG is so talented he's worth the risk of his demonstrated immaturity issues, then I agree.

If your argument is there is no immaturity risk because look how well he's playing, then that is completely illogical.

More the top one, I think the maturity concerns have been and are exaggerated. it takes a focused and at least a half intelligent & mature individual to play like he is at 19 and do what he's doing. Look how he sliced up Davis and the lakers like a surgeon; like a chess player picking his spots on court.

Maybe the silver lining if there is one is it helped us acquire Lofton? Dunno but could have helped. thanks for the convo and I hope to too one day be as sober as Hot Rod! =)

I don't think Keyonte is ideally a full-time point guard. I think he can run some possessions, but he's a more impactful player when he plays free and looks to create opportunities for himself. He's not really an advantage creator as a lead guard.
Pretty on point there. He was getting a lot more assists early in the year but I think that’s because he refused to

Everyone was overthinking GG and Cam.

Some big GG fans around here deserve that victory lap. What is so hard about gambling a late draft pick on insane talent like that? Crazy how many teams pass it up.
I did not over think Cam. I wanted him at 9 and 16 and continued to argue how dumb the Jazz were to pass on him twice.

Pretty on point there. He was getting a lot more assists early in the year but I think that’s because he refused to

I did not over think Cam. I wanted him at 9 and 16 and continued to argue how dumb the Jazz were to pass on him twice.
Me too

Also wanted GG Jackson

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I would’ve drafted him and put in the organizational steps to help build up the maturity. It’s a wing league, and he’s shown star potential on the court. He may never grow out of the immaturity issues that led to the fall in the first place. . . but if he does. . . damn. Well worth the 28th pick in the draft.

Who is #3 on your 2023 redraft Big Board?

I have to assume 1 and 2 are Wemby and Miller, but number 3 I think is up for debate.
That's a really tough one.

I think I had Cam #3 pre draft and I still might take him 3 in a re do.

He wasn't the third best player this season from that draft but I would take him 3rd because I think in a few years he will be really really hard to stop

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I think Scoot, has an argument as 3rd, which is kind of crazy with how bad he was at the first of the year. If you like steady improvement over the year, he did that.

I think the next part of the process for these prospects is the hardest to predict. We don't know which guys are going to put in the work or focus on the right things. We don't know who will be put in the best situations to succeed. We don't know which franchises will be the most patient, or who will be coming in the league next to challenge them for playing time.

I've been following every player from this draft as close as I can and I think almost all of the first rounders at least can be rotation level players. That won't happen, and so it will be interesting to see how all of their careers end up.