What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Remember when Melochill was telling everyone everyday about how bad he was going to be?

It's really funny going back and searching "Miller" in this thread. Melo was more excited about hyping up Baba Miller than Brandon Miller

I didn't say he'd be bad. I said he'd be a complementary scorer who couldn't be trusted to beat NBA wings off the dribble. I said he could be a bigger Khris Middleton and compared him to Otto Porter Jr. and Michael Porter Jr.

Brandon Miller's measurables, athleticism and ball skills are like Otto Porter Jr., and his role at the next level is primarily an off-ball shooter like Michael Porter Jr.

So I'm going to call him Brandon Porter Jr.
Calling Miller a likely top-5 pick along with Amen and Cam Whitmore isn't hating, bruh. Keegan Murray had as much impact and better numbers just about across the board last year.

Last edited:
So far you missed really bad. His off the dribble game has been pretty special at times and damn does he look explosive. Way more explosive than I even imagined he could be. He is definitely giving off prime Paul George vibes right now which could be pretty dynamic if Lamelo can actually stay healthy.

So far you missed really bad. His off the dribble game has been pretty special at times and damn does he look explosive. Way more explosive than I even imagined he could be. He is definitely giving off prime Paul George vibes right now which could be pretty dynamic if Lamelo can actually stay healthy.
True but a bigger Kris Middleton isn't a bad player imo. Didn't Middleton make an all star game? So I'm not sure he missed really bad.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

FWIW, this is what a young Otto Porter looked like...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogl2b_0e86E&t=86s

True but a bigger Kris Middleton isn't a bad player imo. Didn't Middleton make an all star game? So I'm not sure he missed really bad.

Middleton is a great player but he wasn't pushing him as that type of player. He was pushing him as most likely a far inferior player to him. We all miss bad on some players though. Everyone one of us probably has at least 10 stinkers that we were really high on that ending up busting or seriously under performing.

I'm adding Tristan Vukcevic to this thread. He's now had 4 pretty good games in a row. Last night he had 11pts, 9reb, 4ast, 3blks. His most impressive stat is he has had a positive +/- in every game he has played in on the Wizards, and his 3pt shot hasn't started falling yet.

He's not an especially fluid athlete, but I think he's functional. He's looks really long and seems to have pretty good touch. I'll be keeping tabs on him.

I'm adding Tristan Vukcevic to this thread. He's now had 4 pretty good games in a row. Last night he had 11pts, 9reb, 4ast, 3blks. His most impressive stat is he has had a positive +/- in every game he has played in on the Wizards, and his 3pt shot hasn't started falling yet.

He's not an especially fluid athlete, but I think he's functional. He's looks really long and seems to have pretty good touch. I'll be keeping tabs on him.
He hasnt even started burning it up from 3 yet which is kind of his calling card iirc.

And I just watched some highlights, he looks pretty fluid to me. Just seems weak atm.

Is Taylor the 2nd best big win in the draft? I.e. just a bigger worse version of Brandon Miller.

GG and Bilal will both be better offensively than Taylor. Taylor was a conservative pick because he's a surefire long 3D wing. No one's asking him to handle, pass or self-create.

Amen Thompson is really a guard more than a wing, but he's a walking triple-double.

I see a lot of posts here discussing about our rookies, their strengths and weaknesses etc. That's fine of course, but at the same time we need to keep in mind that, on average, it takes about 4 years to learn the ropes in the NBA. Obviously some players are more talented in some aspects of the game, and they can contribute to winning earlier, but there are very few players who can do this before 2 years under their belt. I'm eager to see what Hendricks can do in his 3rd year.

GG and Bilal will both be better offensively than Taylor. Taylor was a conservative pick because he's a surefire long 3D wing. No one's asking him to handle, pass or self-create.

Amen Thompson is really a guard more than a wing, but he's a walking triple-double.
Excuse me, who will be better offensively?

Damn. Wemby with an insane box score last night.
Kind of close to a quintuple double
33 points, 18 rebounds, 6 assists, 7 blocks, and 9 turnovers.