What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Some interesting updates last night from the 2023 draft class:

- Kobe Bufkin is back from injury and looked pretty good. Made a couple of nice step back jump shots. He had 9pts, 2bl, 2stl in just 12 minutes.
- Noah Clowney helped us out by scoring 22pts and grabbing 10 rebounds in just 16 min in a win for brooklyn. He's had very little chances to do anything this year, so nice to see.
- Grady Dick had 16pts and 8reb. He's been a huge part of Toronto's offense lately.
- Scoot had one of the best games of his career scoring 22pts on good efficiency. He also had 10 assists in a game where he outplayed Brandon Miller and helped his team win down the stretch.
- Cason Wallace has played the last two games without SGA or Jalen Williams. Specifically last night he took on a larger role and for the first 3 quarters played really well. He ended up with 12pts, 5 assists, 4 stl, 1blk. In the 4th quarter the Celtics started giving him more attention and he turned the ball over 3 times down the stretch that killed some of the momentum he had help build and the Thunder ended up getting crushed.

Some interesting updates last night from the 2023 draft class:

- Kobe Bufkin is back from injury and looked pretty good. Made a couple of nice step back jump shots. He had 9pts, 2bl, 2stl in just 12 minutes.
- Noah Clowney helped us out by scoring 22pts and grabbing 10 rebounds in just 16 min in a win for brooklyn. He's had very little chances to do anything this year, so nice to see.
- Grady Dick had 16pts and 8reb. He's been a huge part of Toronto's offense lately.
- Scoot had one of the best games of his career scoring 22pts on good efficiency. He also had 10 assists in a game where he outplayed Brandon Miller and helped his team win down the stretch.
- Cason Wallace has played the last two games without SGA or Jalen Williams. Specifically last night he took on a larger role and for the first 3 quarters played really well. He ended up with 12pts, 5 assists, 4 stl, 1blk. In the 4th quarter the Celtics started giving him more attention and he turned the ball over 3 times down the stretch that killed some of the momentum he had help build and the Thunder ended up getting crushed.
I definitely think Cason Wallace is a better prospect than Sheppard at this point, which is a good indicator of the strength of this draft vs last draft

I definitely think Cason Wallace is a better prospect than Sheppard at this point, which is a good indicator of the strength of this draft vs last draft

I think a lot of the guys we were looking at with #9 last year are as good/better than the guys we're looking at for #1 this year.

I think a lot of the guys we were looking at with #9 last year are as good/better than the guys we're looking at for #1 this year.
Where does Taylor Hendricks go in this draft. Assume we know nothing of his rookie year. Ignoring payscale differences I would definitely prefer drafting #1 this year over #9 last year.

Where does Taylor Hendricks go in this draft. Assume we know nothing of his rookie year. Ignoring payscale differences I would definitely prefer drafting #1 this year over #9 last year.

I don't know if he goes number one, but I think he may have been a better prospect than Risacher. Risacher basically does the same thing on offense, he's just a spot up shooter and the 3FG% indicators aren't any better than TH. I think Risacher has a higher bbiq/more overall skilled on offense, but TH is way more gifted physically.

I could see Black/Wallace being preferred over Castle/Dilly/Shep depending on the person.

Bilal obviousy >>>>> Sarr

I don't know if he goes number one, but I think he may have been a better prospect than Risacher. Risacher basically does the same thing on offense, he's just a spot up shooter and the 3FG% indicators aren't any better than TH. I think Risacher has a higher bbiq/more overall skilled on offense, but TH is way more gifted physically.

I could see Black/Wallace being preferred over Castle/Dilly/Shep depending on the person.

I was gonna throw out a Bilal joke so thanks for that.

I think I like Shep and Castle more than Black and Wallace, but yeah won't quibble with folks who see it the other way around.

I like Sarr more than I think many. I think I am forcing fetch to happen a bit with him. I don't think its likely the jumper and the passing/handling both "hit" but if they do I think he has flexible two-way star type appeal. Like I think he has a legit case. As a big that protects the rim I think if that shooting comes it is more unique and a bigger benefit than if Holland shoots it.

One of Sarr, Holland, Castle, Buzelis, Topic will shoot it well right? .... Right?!? .... RIGHT?!?!?!?!?

Trayce Jackson Davis could be considered the story of this draft. He has been starting for the Warriors for awhile now and consistently putting up pretty good numbers. Last night he had 20pts, 5reb, 4ast, 1st, 1blk and was a +20 in his 27min. Pretty good for the second to last pick in the draft.

He is one of the most basic players you'll ever watch, but he has great hands and catches and finished in traffic extremely well.

Remember when Melochill was telling everyone everyday about how bad he was going to be?

It's really funny going back and searching "Miller" in this thread. Melo was more excited about hyping up Baba Miller than Brandon Miller
just think, we could’ve had him if we would’ve started the offseason fully committed to the tank.