What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Which is one reason to consider moving Lauri if a godfather offer comes along. We will be kind of wasting the 2/3s of an amazing contract.

At this point that is a conversation that is not worth having. The earliest I would consider having that conversation is probably the 1st quarter of next season. At this point I'm still wondering just how high Lauri's ceiling is. I thought it was 25 and 10 but he is making scoring look effortless right now and the crazy thing is that I still don't think he is getting enough shots.

At this point that is a conversation that is not worth having. The earliest I would consider having that conversation is probably the 1st quarter of next season. At this point I'm still wondering just how high Lauri's ceiling is. I thought it was 25 and 10 but he is making scoring look effortless right now and the crazy thing is that I still don't think he is getting enough shots.
The reasons you would have it now are fairly simple:

1- a big offer materializes
2- You have a chance to improve the value of your own pick in this draft by5-6 spots and would also significantly increase the chances of landing top 4.
3- You can improve the value of your pick next year and retain it.
4- You don't think you can put another all star next to Lauri in the next 18-24 months without cashing in on a bunch of picks in a short sighted move.

I am not saying we should do it... but if the offer came I think you need to consider it. Like if Phoenix came in and said they will give 24/26/28 FRPs and a swap in 23 with the Brooklyn pick and we get Saric/Crowder for Lauri do we say "no" automatically. I could see that type of offer being there if they sorted out the owner ****. Lauri solves a lot of problems for that team and doesn't break the bank. Maybe they throw in another swap in 25 or 27 with the Minny/Cleveland/or Utah pick. What if they stacked Cam Johnson on top of that offer? I just would not have thought Minny would get wild for Rudy... so who knows what could materialize here.

I would not push for it but I am not sure we can maximize Lauri's prime value the next 2.5 years... that's okay if we land an AS prospect as you just pay Lauri and push on... I just think everything should be on the table. I just think if we are serious about building around Lauri some serious tank **** needs to happen with our vets. You don't want to land 12th in this draft and then decide midway through the season next year to sell off Lauri and do the full rebuild to save the 2024 pick. It will end up prolonging the rebuild cycle and we have seen what kind of value you can get by trading a guy a year early (Rudy and Don) or a year too late (think about what would have been on the table for Conley last year when he was balling).

Last edited:
I like playing draft simulators to see who is available but today I kinda got dream scenario.

Cason Wallace and Anthony Black.

That wpuld be a great back court of the future.

Put me, Rafael Barlowe and NBADraftroom in the crazy column. They're different types of players, but GG has the higher ceiling, imo. I like Brandon Miller outside the top 8, but I also want to see more of Maxwell Lewis and Taylor Hendricks.
I feel like you’re using these people I’ve never heard of to defend you stance on GG?

I feel like you’re using these people I’ve never heard of to defend you stance on GG?

Mmm, no? I'm replying to Cy. I'm saying if it were up to me I would consider Brandon Miller outside the top 8 players in the draft, and he'd be considered in a group with other long wings who shoot well--e.g., Maxwell Lewis, Taylor Hendricks, and now since you mention it, probably Jet Howard as well. I see Miller as a floor-spacing forward and not a whole lot more than that.

Mmm, no? I'm replying to Cy. I'm saying if it were up to me I would consider Brandon Miller outside the top 8 players in the draft, and he'd be considered in a group with other long wings who shoot well--e.g., Maxwell Lewis, Taylor Hendricks, and now since you mention it, probably Jet Howard as well. I see Miller as a floor-spacing forward and not a whole lot more than that.
Understood.

This is the fun part of the draft is watching how this all plays out. I disagree about Miller but we shall see.