What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I go back and forth on Walker. I like the idea of him turning into a Millsap type and see some glimpses but I'm just not sure.
I get it.

Walkers shot is going to lead to issues on offense where he’s sagged off on causing spacing issues.

I get he’s shooting a high percentage overall from 3 but not on any volume (less than 2 attempts a game and 11/16 games he’s shot either 0 3’s or 1).

Teams will dare him to shoot and then he’s relegated to a mid-range jumper/post up game……which you’d need a time machine to use.

Don’t hate the kid just think he’s a high end utility guy at this stage.

also cam whitmore with a breakout performance. looked like the 3rd overall pick today. if he can build on that going forward, it would be hard to keep him out of the top 5.

brandon miller should be a top 5 lock. lamar odom if odom were a knockdown three point shooter, played hard consistently and had a good head on his shoulders.
He isn't even close to a Lamar Odom type of guy. Odom was a legit point forward coming out of college. I think the Rashard Lewis comparison is a lot more accurate which is just fine because I loved Lewis. He would have killed it in this era.

He isn't even close to a Lamar Odom type of guy. Odom was a legit point forward coming out of college. I think the Rashard Lewis comparison is a lot more accurate which is just fine because I loved Lewis. He would have killed it in this era.
He is. That’s why I said he is. I wasn’t asking, ftr, I was telling.

His shooting stroke is a thing of beauty. He is also really agile for a player his size and has a great step back jumper. I'm buying him as a late lottery pick and if he can turn drop 15-20 pounds then he could turn into a monster.
Fat is potential in disguise

Lamar Odom esque…he is not. Watch their college highlights. Rasheed Lewis probably even has better handles than Miller out of college at this juncture
Again, I wasn’t asking. Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not there.

Cam Whitmore from yesterday- such a physical specimen and seems to be getting some of his explosiveness back.

Love the finish at 1:55

View: https://youtu.be/iBnpyPDyYLg

Whitehead starting to come on lately.

Lively needs to go back to school. I would only draft him in the second at this point. He has an awful motor.

Proctor is a bubble first rounder. Great size sees the floor well and is a decent passer. Just wish he did more offensively.

Whitehead starting to come on lately.

Lively needs to go back to school. I would only draft him in the second at this point. He has an awful motor.

Proctor is a bubble first rounder. Great size sees the floor well and is a decent passer. Just wish he did more offensively.

I could see Whitehead going back to Duke for another year if he doesn't get a promise in the top 15-20 picks.

Odom was pretty elite as a driver, finisher above the rim and as a rebounder. He could get by people and finish over people. I don't see that with Miller.

I could see Whitehead going back to Duke for another year if he doesn't get a promise in the top 15-20 picks.
He is finally getting going. I would be very surprised if he isn't viewed again as a lottery pick by the end of the season.

Sensabaugh is going to end up playing his way into a top 10 pick at this rate. Such a smooth offensive game.
Not sure I’d go that far but I can see late lotto… especially sold he comes into the combine in a little better shape. He doesn’t look fat at all just a little thick.

Sensabaugh is going to end up playing his way into a top 10 pick at this rate. Such a smooth offensive game.

He's going to factor into discussions with Gradey Dick and Jett Howard at least, imo. Not sure if he breaks the top 10 though. There are a bunch of guys in that range that are very close and might get picked based on positional need.

Not sure I’d go that far but I can see late lotto… especially sold he comes into the combine in a little better shape. He doesn’t look fat at all just a little thick.
A ton of these guys don't go to the combine anymore. It sucks that it isn't mandatory to at least go there for measurements.

He's going to factor into discussions with Gradey Dick and Jett Howard at least, imo. Not sure if he breaks the top 10 though. There are a bunch of guys in that range that are very close and might get picked based on positional need.
This draft may be more about positional need than any that we have seen. I feel like this draft has very little star power outside of the top 2 but is absolutely loaded with guys that project as solid role players that will specialize in a lot of different things.

This draft may be more about positional need than any that we have seen. I feel like this draft has very little star power outside of the top 2 but is absolutely loaded with guys that project as solid role players that will specialize in a lot of different things.

Both Thompsons have star power. Cam has some star power. GG might have star power, but he's a bit of a project. Jett Howard has some star potential. Nick Smith has some. There's a load of talent through the top 20 - 25 in this draft.