What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Looks great.
he's an adequate three point shooter (31% on 4 attempts per game, but he takes a lot of tough threes), and with a body like he has and being an elite above the rim athlete, that's a pretty special player if he can put it all together and continue to develop the long range shooting.

my biggest concern at this point is his ballhandling - which has also been improving steadily since he's been back - and that he's not getting to the line. with that physical profile, he should be getting to the line a lot more.

I feel pretty comfortable with having GG in the mid to late lottery. With his body/age/athleticism he has a pretty high ceiling as 2-way scorer/defender, but I'm not seeing the advanced feel/playmaking for him to be a high end guy.

I feel pretty comfortable with having GG in the mid to late lottery. With his body/age/athleticism he has a pretty high ceiling as 2-way scorer/defender, but I'm not seeing the advanced feel/playmaking for him to be a high end guy.

I'm giving him some benefit of the doubt with this due to his age and lack of physical maturity, but it's not a sure thing. Most guys when they're 17 or 18 look like a baby deer to some extent. Once he works with NBA coaches and works on his body, I think some of those those things will tighten up. It's hard to know what a player is going to look like in an NBA system until they actually get there. That said, it's an unknown and I could see him slip a few spots compared to more physically mature prospects. The other thing is that only a couple of his teammates at SC can shoot well enough for GG to justify giving up the ball.

As an example, Nickeil has come a long way with his feel, his reads and his execution in just the last year. His athleticism and rim finishing also look improved. He's gone from nearly unplayable to solidly rotational.

Tyrese Proctor is like the Killian Hayes of college basketball. He looks solid, does a lot of things well, defends, but just cant score or shoot at all.