What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

How are you guys defining star power? For me it is guys that I view as possible top 20 guys. There are a lot of players in this draft that I really like but most have some serious warts that will stop them from being elite in my opinion but that is okay. They should still be really solid players.

If he could lose weight, play the two then his rebounding be a big boost in the Jazz. I like him a lot as a value pick.
How they fit around Lauri is what the front office should consider. Sensabaugh is guy with his bulk works. Lauri needs rebounders because he is out of position or he isn't great at it.

How are you guys defining star power? For me it is guys that I view as possible top 20 guys. There are a lot of players in this draft that I really like but most have some serious warts that will stop them from being elite in my opinion but that is okay. They should still be really solid players.

I would just say out of the top 20 dudes today, I’d argue more weren’t supposed to be stars than dudes that are, that were also supposed to be.

Giannis, Jokic, Steph, Kawhi, PG, Jimmy Butler, Paul George, Devin Booker, Dame, Bam, Rudy etc etc.

I just looked back at like 7 years of drafts and the top 5-10 isn’t almost laughably bad for each one.

I’ve been following the draft for decades and very few if any called those dudes above being anything at all, let alone stars, during the draft process for each. You’d have been laughed out of a room for saying Giannis, Jokic or Steph would be arguably the best player in the NBA right now when they were being drafted.

The mighty cocks of South Carolina just took down UK. GG with 16 pts on 6/10 shooting and 2/2 on 3PAs. He even registered an assist.