What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

George has a ton of "it factor".........but am I off in thinking he looks smaller than advertised?

George has a ton of "it factor".........but am I off in thinking he looks smaller than advertised?
Agree on size. Will need to function more as a pg than sg to have the highest ceiling. I like Black, Wallace, George... could talk myself into any of the three.

yeah, i think he's probably 6'3-6'4" or so. and not a great vertical athlete. professional scorer though with good passing chops. poor man's kyrie? just a really advanced offensive player for his age. not really sure what to think of him as an overall prospect.

keyonte george with his best game of the year as well. 32 and 7 on 18 shots. 5-9 from three in a five point win.

He is really starting to shine. I would say he is firmly working his way into that top 5 territory with other guys injured or struggling. The best part about him is that you can see his game transferring really well to the nba with more spacing. His overall game, build and level of athleticism reminds me quite a bit of Jordan Poole.

Agree on size. Will need to function more as a pg than sg to have the highest ceiling. I like Black, Wallace, George... could talk myself into any of the three.
For a little while Black looked like a top 5 pick but I think he is more likely to be in that 8-12 range now. With Smith going down for an extended period I think we all hoped to see him step up as more of a lead wing and he just hasn't.

yeah, i think he's probably 6'3-6'4" or so. and not a great vertical athlete. professional scorer though with good passing chops. poor man's kyrie? just a really advanced offensive player for his age. not really sure what to think of him as an overall prospect.
I think how high you take him is going to depend a lot on the make up of your current team. Even though the magic have used recent 1sts on Suggs and Anthony neither player has looked all that good and provided consistent scoring from the guard spot. George makes a lot of sense for them because they are still looking for that go to guy from the guard spot and they are pretty loaded in the front court. I could see them very interested in George in the 5 to 7 range which is where I think they end up.

For a little while Black looked like a top 5 pick but I think he is more likely to be in that 8-12 range now. With Smith going down for an extended period I think we all hoped to see him step up as more of a lead wing and he just hasn't.
8-9 is where his range will likely start. Depends on what teams land where. I think top 4 will be Wemby, Scoot, Amen, Miller - 5-10ish likely depends on need and eye of the beholder. I really like Black.. he's had some big games with Nick out and some awful games. I think the biggest thing with him is I think he will fit so many situations and help those around him be better. If his shot develops then his upside is quite high.

8-9 is where his range will likely start. Depends on what teams land where. I think top 4 will be Wemby, Scoot, Amen, Miller - 5-10ish likely depends on need and eye of the beholder. I really like Black.. he's had some big games with Nick out and some awful games. I think the biggest thing with him is I think he will fit so many situations and help those around him be better. If his shot develops then his upside is quite high.

At this point he reminds me of a little bit less athletic Igoudala type player.

At this point he reminds me of a little bit less athletic Igoudala type player.
He has shades of Giddey, Lonzo, etc. to me but might not be as good a passer. I think he has some athleticism those guys don't have. Iggy was a nuclear athlete and a much better defender than I think Black will be.

How would you feel if we got those 3? (George, Dick, Shannon)
With where we are and what was on the board I'd feel great. Havent watch much of Shannon... there are likely guys I would prefer over him. Like I would for sure take Fillipowski at that point even though I'm not a huge fan.

If we could move from the 27th pick into the 19/20 range without a huge cost I would really like to do it. Love the guys picked in that range - Colby Jones, Taylor Hendricks, Jordan Hawkins, Max Lewis, or Baba Miller (would like to see him play... I like the idea of Baba Miller)

GG Jackson at 15. Ferg might explode.
I think he is like a 12-16 range guy unless he crushes the rest of the season or has some amazing workouts.

I'm just going to go ahead and say it now... I think some weird rumors about how he has grown 2 inches in the summer and added 15 lbs of muscle will surface. "He's actually 7' now" type stuff. There is a chance a team like the Raps or Magic bite in the top 10 if they are there.

I just want someone that can shoot and play defense. Passing is also good. I DO NOT want anyone that is said to have a hot and cold motor (Yes i am looking at you Lively).

filipowski at 29? uh, yeah
Yeah, he seems too talented to go that low. Like, I think everyone is going to buy his shot being much better than it has been.

Like Trey Lyles went 12th overall not too long ago. NBA teams still want versatile stretch bigs who can play either 4 or the 5. I just dont see him falling past the early 20's at the latest.