What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

One point that has not been discussed is that even if we dont get lucky in the lottery.... we can still get lucky in the lottery if OKC, Orlando or Charlotte get that #2 pick.

So instead of picking a PG lower, we might be able to trade up to #2 or make a move for Lamelo, Fultz or Giddey. I like all 4, despite Lamelo and Markelle obviously having those injury clouds over their heads.

One point that has not been discussed is that even if we dont get lucky in the lottery.... we can still get lucky in the lottery if OKC, Orlando or Charlotte get that #2 pick.

So instead of picking a PG lower, we might be able to trade up to #2 or make a move for Lamelo, Fultz or Giddey. I like all 4, despite Lamelo and Markelle obviously having those injury clouds over their heads.
I see what you are saying... and I like the thought. I don't like Fultz really... Lamelo just doesn't seem like it would work in Utah fit/personality. I think he is destined for a big market the second he can get out of Charlotte.

I think we could move up to #2 if OKC was there and just loves Giddey/SGA... but we'd likely need to have landed 3/4 so they can get the better fit with the big prospect they want. Even then I could see the premium being bonkers. I also think because of size that they could just roll with Scoot/Giddey/SGA and figure it out later. Scoot is so good I don't know that anyone will pass on him.

I think with some of the pg needs taken care of there is a chance Wallace or Black slip back to 11-14 range.

I don't see any team trading out of the top 2 in this draft unless they are absolutely in love with Amen. Even then it would only be a drop down to 3.

I Dont think I’m by any means a great prospect evaluator. I was curious why filipowski isn’t higher on draft boards or someone we’d be targeting? Seems like a better KO replacement with Zach collins type abilities. Maybe a poorer porzingis

Jett is quickly becoming one of my favorite players so that means he is not going to be very good.

I still like the way whitehead moves on the court. He just needs to stop taking bad shots and let the game come to him. He makes it look so effortless

Black has been a consensus pick in all the mocks I have done online but I am starting to question his leadership. I no longer think he could be a PG but a forward the offense goes through. Still does 2 of the things I covet the most defense and shooting.

I have been lukewarm of Filipowski and I am just not sure I have changed my mind. The stretch bigs are sought after in the NBA. He would really thrive in a 5 out team.

I have Brandon Miller as #3 in my mind. I really like his abilities

The Thompson twins scare me to death at this point. Love the athleticism but their shot makes me pucker.

Grady Dick, I have a love-hate relationship with, I love his shot and size but I have been burned by players like him.

NSJ I am a fan of and think he is the type of player that does well in the NBA more than in college. His skinny frame bothers me and his injury history. I am 100% on the draft 6'7" athletic guys and see what happens

GG Jackson is an anomaly. I see him play hero ball way too much. His age means he can learn but it could also mean he has gotten inside of his own head and thinks he is already at a level he is not.

Maxwell Lewis has moved up a lot and I am thinking a late lotto pick is a good place for him.

I love my Villanova guys and Cam Whitmore has a lot of potential.

If the Jazz keeps all 3 picks I could see a draft and stash player taken at the end of the first.

I Dont think I’m by any means a great prospect evaluator. I was curious why filipowski isn’t higher on draft boards or someone we’d be targeting? Seems like a better KO replacement with Zach collins type abilities. Maybe a poorer porzingis
I know its just like a white guy thing but I look at him and see Bjelica... probably not really similar at all.

I mean, he was 14th on ESPN's mock draft, so he isnt that low.

I guess I mean more why wouldn’t we be stoked to get him around that pick. Most are more centered on sf options. Would presume we will go after that with pick #1. He seems like a good solid role player addition to a team looking to compete sooner rather than later

The lottery is getting crowded. There's a bunch of guys piling up, and they all have a case that they're lottery-level talents.
It is not as bad of a class I as thought as far as depth, but there are still not a lot of reasons to be excited more than your average class. Right now we have 3 shots to find one so I like those odds