What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I dont think Jazz will end up bottom 5 this year and even if they do I dont think they have enough "luck" to win the lottery. #1 picks arent our thing...

Every L counts.

Gotta get rid of winners. Check the NETRTG table below. Rudy was #1 of course, and Donovan #10
//could as well have been a good tank commander lol

Anyway: Jordan Clarkson, Rudy Gay and MCJ most go asap or Utah may win some extra games.

1662554361904.png

Last edited:
I dont think Jazz will end up bottom 5 this year and even if they do I dont think they have enough "luck" to win the lottery. #1 picks arent our thing...
If we land a top 5 pick in this draft I'm fairly confident we come away with a potential superstar in Vic or Scoot (Wemby still scares me) or we can get an all-star wing type. Back half of the lotto I am less confident on but there are lots of good prospects.

biggest concern with VW is his health. at a certain point, dudes are just too tall and they can't stay healthy. VW sitting at 7'4" and may not be done growing. I'd almost rather him stop growing at 7'2" with the same skillset.

yeah, he's a unicorn with his size, length and skillset, but it's a HUGE risk due to his health - which he has already had issues with. honestly, i might steer clear with the other talent that is available in this draft.

biggest concern with VW is his health. at a certain point, dudes are just too tall and they can't stay healthy. VW sitting at 7'4" and may not be done growing. I'd almost rather him stop growing at 7'2" with the same skillset.

yeah, he's a unicorn with his size, length and skillset, but it's a HUGE risk due to his health - which he has already had issues with. honestly, i might steer clear with the other talent that is available in this draft.
It's one of those situations as a GM where you would have some relief if you had the #2 pick. VW could be the best pick ever, or a Greg Oden, who could have been great but for injury (and probably attitude a bit).

VW runs like a guy that will have knee problems.

It's one of those situations as a GM where you would have some relief if you had the #2 pick. VW could be the best pick ever, or a Greg Oden, who could have been great but for injury (and probably attitude a bit).

VW runs like a guy that will have knee problems.
I would have zero relief. Let me pick the injury bust if it comes to that. Much rather that than not being able to draft a GOAT

Am I the only person kind of frightened by the fact the Thompson twins are going to have a very thin resume of competitive basketball? Maybe it's just the Exum experience, but something is nagging me that we are seeing the stage managed "Instagram" version of these players rather than the real thing. . .

Am I the only person kind of frightened by the fact the Thompson twins are going to have a very thin resume of competitive basketball? Maybe it's just the Exum experience, but something is nagging me that we are seeing the stage managed "Instagram" version of these players rather than the real thing. . .
They just played a pro European team and are going to do more European teams soon I believe. They played in the TBT, a very serious tournament where 2 million dollars are on the line.

I'm not that worried about them other than they are both bad shooters. But they arent complete non-shooters like Exum was. The talent level is just undeniable.

Any team with a shot at Wemby should start talking with docs, trainers, and any injury experts they can now. Its fair to seriously question if he can hold up... and i'd be doing all the due diligence.

Still need to jettison some guys like Bogey and JC as they're good enough to still win us 5-10 more games. This tank needs commanders.