What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

There's only been an open scrimmage and one exhibition game, but I'm liking how GG Jackson looks, especially for a 17 year-old. He's just got the right combination of things -- enough size, enough athleticism, enough handle, enough shooting touch, enough aggressiveness getting downhill, enough timing on steals and blocks. He's got the tools to be a significant player as a baseline.

View: https://twitter.com/NBADraftWass/status/1590181391198609408

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IS7IGhU-ZE

Baba Miller is one of the higher upside guys who might be available mid to late first if he doesn't have a standout freshman year
Baba Miller, GG Jackson and Grady Dick are all guys that I like a lot and have shown up in this thread. Jazz have a great opportunity to walk away from this draft with a nice infusion of young talent.

They went from being a stale, predictable team that had plateaued with no exciting young players and no draft assets, to being an increasingly fun and exciting team with a number of exciting young prospects and a boatload of picks.

Danny Ainge is easily the Executive of the Year. Blew away my wildest expectations with how this is shaping up. Fun to be Jazzfans again.

I am not getting to excited, right now, with what these prospects are doing because a lot of them are playing nobody teams. Teams with players that couldn't even make the gleague. They should put up good numbers. Let's wait and see what they do in conference play when defenses get better.

I am not getting to excited, right now, with what these prospects are doing because a lot of them are playing nobody teams. Teams with players that couldn't even make the gleague. They should put up good numbers. Let's wait and see what they do in conference play when defenses get better.
yes and no. november and december aren't completely meaningless (i mean, most guys will play a few games against P5 competition), plus it's all we have to go on for a month and a half. but yeah, conference play is definitely a different season and the defense is on another level for sure.

Watch teh games. It's about how players move/play, not numbers.

Minnnesota is doing the dirty work for us. What a time to be alive. We are the #1 seed in the West and the draft thread will still be popping off because we will get a lottery pick from them.

This has probably been said multiple times in here but I think a player like Anthony black could really help out this roster and he’s one of the people I hope the jazz look at this year in the draft

This has probably been said multiple times in here but I think a player like Anthony black could really help out this roster and he’s one of the people I hope the jazz look at this year in the draft
Problem with Anthony is he can’t score at all and he can’t shoot. He also needs a couple of years developing his body. If everything goes right, you are looking at a potential all star because of the size for position and the playmaking, both which are elite. But the bust potential with Anthony is higher than most prospects in this draft.

Problem with Anthony is he can’t score at all and he can’t shoot. He also needs a couple of years developing his body. If everything goes right, you are looking at a potential all star because of the size for position and the playmaking, both which are elite. But the bust potential with Anthony is higher than most prospects in this draft.
Ideally the Jazz get a sure thing type player, a guy who looks pretty certain to contribute to the NBA without a ton of "if he develops this" type projection, then two home run swings.

Tony, are you on the Gradey Dick train?

Are we talking about a different Anthony Black because the one I have watched can score and shoot?

Ideally the Jazz get a sure thing type player, a guy who looks pretty certain to contribute to the NBA without a ton of "if he develops this" type projection, then two home run swings.

Tony, are you on the Gradey Dick train?
Agree. IF we draft 3 dudes coming in right away (wouldnt discount a draft and stash player with one pick) I think you have to take this approach.