What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Speaking of a draft and stash potential, I like Rupert for that. Project but kid is long and fluid......and likely the youngest dude in the draft.

Jarace Walker is listing at 240 lbs now. He's clearly becoming a 4. He's built like Amir Johnson. We'll have to see how well he defends on the perimeter.

I want at least one big, athletic wing that projects as a scorer.

To me, that would be GG Jackson, Arthur Kaluma and maybe Brandon Miller if he can get stronger and more explosive. Both Thompsons can score from the wing at 6'6" or 6'7". I'm not 100% convinced that Cam Whitmore is a big-time scorer in the NBA yet. He's explosive, he can straight-line drive, and he can score some in the post, but his self-creation has been a bit limited thus far. He might be your 2nd or 3rd guy in the mold of a Miles Bridges.

It looks like there could be a couple sleepers in the later 1st round in Jett Howard and maybe Keegan Murray's brother Kris.

Is this draft really insane? or is it just 1 guy at the top of the mountain, followed by a laundry list of potential nba starters.
I am not that confident anyone between ranked 4-10 is any different in the NBA . They are all potential starters and maybe 2 at the most become all stars. There will always be a few slept on that are taken later, hope the Jazz find one.

Hearsky's mother loves chanting that
But seriously though... the guy seems like he could work really well in our new ball moving offense. He will end up in the lotto by year end if he continues to play this well when the schedule gets tougher.

Is this draft really insane? or is it just 1 guy at the top of the mountain, followed by a laundry list of potential nba starters.
I am not that confident anyone between ranked 4-10 is any different in the NBA . They are all potential starters and maybe 2 at the most become all stars. There will always be a few slept on that are taken later, hope the Jazz find one.

It is way too early to get a true feel for this draft but based on the level of high school talent this draft looks like it could be special. Every year though we see highly rated freshmen struggle while sophmore sleepers blow up. I'm really looking forward to seeing Emoni Bates this year. He is in a new situation with very little expectations now.

It sounds like you have no idea about any of the freshman this year and you are just saying stuff.

It sounds like you have no idea about any of the freshman this year and you are just saying stuff.
Give me an example of who besides the top 2 of Wemby who is 3 tiers above everyone then Scoot and maybe The Jett in the next tier, that are that much different or head and shoulders above eachother? I don't see much separation between Smith or Whitehead etc as far as ceilings. I like Adem Bona as a good project for this roster later on, if one of those Wolves or the other pick not the Jazz' is in that 10-14 range. Otherwise I am looking at Brandon Miller or Ware.

Give me an example of who besides the top 2 of Wemby who is 3 tiers above everyone then Scoot and maybe The Jett in the next tier, that are that much different or head and shoulders above eachother? I don't see much separation between Smith or Whitehead etc as far as ceilings. I like Adem Bona as a good project for this roster later on, if one of those Wolves or the other pick not the Jazz' is in that 10-14 range. Otherwise I am looking at Brandon Miller or Ware.
There's like a dozen 6'7+ freshman wing athletes in this draft class with perimeter skill-sets.

There's like a dozen 6'7+ freshman wing athletes in this draft class with perimeter skill-sets.
Its a very good draft... curious to see which prospects hurt themselves and slide and which ones rise. Always a couple of those.

I like his game... but also it all just works... he looks like the guy in the 80s movie who wears his highly decorated letterman's jacket and gives the motivational speech in front of the school at the pep rally.

Give me Dick!

51SZcZY+6mL.jpg

Many sissoko looks interesting as a late first early second. Great defensive instincts and a developing offensive game.

As a rule MSU players seems to come into the NbA with good fundamentals.

Kyle Filiposwki looking a bit like Lauri Markkanen....

*Dont think he is as fluid, but he is pretty fluid for a 7'*