What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

He's fine. He does a lot of stuff with Vecenie on podcast. He was the guy who turned me onto Jordan Hawkins.
Ahhh... I know him... he's kinda dull but seems like he knows his ****. Now that he's stealing my takes I know he's smart.

Sensebaugh is a scorer, I wont debate that. But even that said, he had a rough go off it to end the season shooting like 20% from 3 his last 5 games. He was also benched mid-way through the season and his team was atrocious overall. If he's the player some think he is here, he'd have had a much bigger impact on W's and L's.

He's a scorer and not much else. He's not going to have that kind of green light on an NBA team until he can prove he can stay on the court on both sides. He's a bad defender and i highly doubt he's a legit 6'6".

I've said my peace. Flame me if this proves to be wrong but that's what I see.

I just want high upside at every pick. If the Jazz can land a future starter with any of their picks this year, then they’re golden. I’m okay if they take some big swings at a guy they think can reach a higher tier if he develops right. They have the coaching - just need to find the right players.

Sensebaugh is a scorer, I wont debate that. But even that said, he had a rough go off it to end the season shooting like 20% from 3 his last 5 games. He was also benched mid-way through the season and his team was atrocious overall. If he's the player some think he is here, he'd have had a much bigger impact on W's and L's.

He's a scorer and not much else. He's not going to have that kind of green light on an NBA team until he can prove he can stay on the court on both sides. He's a bad defender and i highly doubt he's a legit 6'6".

Solid good points. Those are good indicators that he will struggle. However in my mind, I come to the spacing in the NBA. I think his passing is underrated and his scoring and dribble game would work in the pros. But truthfully it's a competition and who can do better in different circumstances and maybe he is a couple level below a typical scorer. I believe that Brice has something at a high level and with a good support I think he could flourish and continue to be a high level scorer in the NBA.

Solid good points. Those are good indicators that he will struggle. However in my mind, I come to the spacing in the NBA. I think his passing is underrated and his scoring and dribble game would work in the pros. But truthfully it's a competition and who can do better in different circumstances and maybe he is a couple level below a typical scorer. I believe that Brice has something at a high level and with a good support I think he could flourish and continue to be a high level scorer in the NBA.
IF NBA spacing was some magical pill for every prospect no one would fail in the NBA. You can say "oh spacing" but what about when Brice goes against NBA length? Because dealing with college spacing wasnt really an issue for Brice.

And the dude averages 1 assist on insane usage numbers. I think his passing has been properly rated.

Also spacing will work against him. If his D is bad on a college spaced floor, how bad will it be on a NBA floor?

Last edited:

I don't think anything you said was out of line, but maybe a little too harsh for having a bad run of games and I don't really care about how his team did. Like I wouldn't give Nick Smith credit for being on a good team when he actively sucked this year and I'm not going to be too harsh on Brice for being on a bad team.

One thing I will say that he's being underrated for his his shooting. Everyone knows him as a scorer, and rightfully so, but he was knockdown this season. His shooting numbers were basically the same as Dick, for example. As an NBA player, I think you're looking at a Bogey type....I've been on record, however, saying that Bogey is the type of player that gets easily overrated in the league. Like Bogey, I think Brice will score in the NBA and probably be able to do so efficiently, but defensively he's really lacking and he doesn't have the ability to playmake either.

Just a reminder that Brice Sensabaugh is a 19 year-old, 6'6", 230-lb wing with 52/41/83 shooting splits. He should be a bonafide floor spacer and shouldn't be overlooked in the "Who's the best shooter in the draft?" discussion. He's also got potential to improve his strength and athleticism, and he should be able to get to the rim better in the NBA.

If the Jazz are drafting mid-first, he ought to be on people's short list.
I am VERY concerned about his defense and his physical limitations in that regard. Might be unplayable.

I think Dean just tries to hard to have crazy rankings. I do agree with some of his thoughts. I liked his write up on Flip, but having him ranked 5th is just wild.