What's new

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

It sounds like we are targeting guys who can play 3/4 vs getting a PG.
Yeah... agreed. I don't really get this. I think this team needs a lead ballhandler much more than another forward, especially after we got Hendricks in the draft.

Yeah... agreed. I don't really get this. I think this team needs a lead ballhandler much more than another forward, especially after we got Hendricks in the draft.
I think it’s just the market… there are many more forward types out there than PGs.

I am Sexton’s #1 fan on here. I have thought they’re higher on him than letting on. That could be proven wrong if he’s traded or they sign someone like FVV of course.

Windy and the Hoop Collective guys said we are interested in Kuzma. Windy said our interest in Porzingis was real and we are interested in another 4 that is going to get traded (Collins?).
Don't think it is Collins. He said he didn't want to get aggragated on that news. Collins to the Jazz has been aggregated ad nasuem.

Don't think it is Collins. He said he didn't want to get aggragated on that news. Collins to the Jazz has been aggregated ad nasuem.
He never wants to get aggregated... its his thing. I thought maybe Pascal but he said it was a forward likely to be traded. If I was picking I'd say its JC but it could be like DFS or some other guy I suppose.

Kuzma was interesting as a second draft guy when he was making $13M and easily acquirable through trade. He's a lot less interesting as a FA who will be likely be asking for $20M+ a season.

Kuzma was interesting as a second draft guy when he was making $13M and easily acquirable through trade. He's a lot less interesting as a FA who will be likely be asking for $20M+ a season.
Word on the street is he wants 30 (which is crazy town) I think at 20M he could still be an asset... but its a fine line and there will be a tipping point we can't go past. Any deal we sign or take on needs to be likely to be an asset (assuming health) or it would be better to do 1 year deals.

If he finds his market is not super frothy I'm interested in the Sexton level of contract (Just make it descend in value) or maybe we do a 1+1 at a high one year number. Team option on year two if he thinks his value will skyrocket outside of Washington.

Word on the street is he wants 30 (which is crazy town) I think at 20M he could still be an asset... but its a fine line and there will be a tipping point we can't go past. Any deal we sign or take on needs to be likely to be an asset (assuming health) or it would be better to do 1 year deals.

If he finds his market is not super frothy I'm interested in the Sexton level of contract (Just make it descend in value) or maybe we do a 1+1 at a high one year number. Team option on year two if he thinks his value will skyrocket outside of Washington.
At $20M+ it gets me queasy, I'm not sure he's still an positive asset. If he gets a contract at Sexton's number I'd be ok with it.

At $20M+ it gets me queasy, I'm not sure he's still an positive asset. If he gets a contract at Sexton's number I'd be ok with it.
I think something like 4/80 with maybe final year 5M guaranteed would be the sweet spot of he may accept that and it might be an asset. All it takes is for Sacramento or someone dumb to bump the price up... but I think like 30% more than MLE is kinda where I'd play ball. I'm guessing if you offered him two options... either 4/70M or a 2/50M but the final year is only like 1M guaranteed... that he might take the second option. I think if you sign him he just has to be an asset. I can see a team ponying something up for Kuzma if he is expiring. If it doesn't work out no big deal... just waive him after the year... he likely still attracts a 1 year offer. If he is awesome and you want to keep him you have that choice too.

I think something like 4/80 with maybe final year 5M guaranteed would be the sweet spot of he may accept that and it might be an asset. All it takes is for Sacramento or someone dumb to bump the price up... but I think like 30% more than MLE is kinda where I'd play ball. I'm guessing if you offered him two options... either 4/70M or a 2/50M but the final year is only like 1M guaranteed... that he might take the second option. I think if you sign him he just has to be an asset. I can see a team ponying something up for Kuzma if he is expiring. If it doesn't work out no big deal... just waive him after the year... he likely still attracts a 1 year offer. If he is awesome and you want to keep him you have that choice too.

I could see him getting 3/75M though. Are we out on him at that price?

I could see him getting 3/75M though. Are we out on him at that price?
All guaranteed with no options I assume? Yeah I would be at that price... that is basically right at the tipping point for me so if someone is still in that is fine. Its less about the actual money and space and more about the tradeability (Bolerisms coming out) of the contract.