What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

Just saw that. NBA twitter seems to think it could be Ingram as the bait.
The zion ingram pairing is likely going to be split up. Not sure what Zions trade value looks like. NO could also do something interesting around Herb Jones, Alvarado, and a **** ton of picks... would think Trey Murphy is a guy they'd need to keep but maybe him.

Like maybe Herb, Alvarado, #14, and like 2-3 unprotected future picks? Add in a JV for Nurkic swap?

Anyway... real curious with the kind of iterations they could do. NO does need a consolidation move.

The zion ingram pairing is likely going to be split up. Not sure what Zions trade value looks like. NO could also do something interesting around Herb Jones, Alvarado, and a **** ton of picks... would think Trey Murphy is a guy they'd need to keep but maybe him.

Like maybe Herb, Alvarado, #14, and like 2-3 unprotected future picks? Add in a JV for Nurkic swap?

Anyway... real curious with the kind of iterations they could do. NO does need a consolidation move.
I would be amazed if Nawlins got a 1st for Zion.

They don't have a center situation. They have a good starter who misses some games each year and a good young backup who would like to start but has his own injury history. Next year combined they make 29M. The following year Okongwu is a restricted FA... his price gets wild they may let him walk. If they move Capela and end up with a hole at center that doesn't work well. Moving Okongwu doesn't solve their long term money issue.

I think you can paper over a hole at PF easier than at C... especially with Trae Young... you need a defensive anchor. I'm guessing the trade market for Capela and Collins is similarly tepid. So maybe they find something they like better with Capela... but I think that convo can wait a year if they found a suitable deal for Collins.

Fact is they have two C's that can't play with each other, one is due for a pay raise soon. You can say it's not a situation, I could not care less what term you want to call it, but it's something that needs to be resolved. They can't pay both. If their solution is to be prepared to let Okongwu walk.....ok well that's one way to resolve it. Not a great one IMO.

Collins + either center is a better combo than the two C's alone who absolutely cannot play together. I would definitely be looking to make a decision on Okongwu/Capela this off season. They don't need both. If you don't think Quin wants Okogwu as a starter as you suggested earlier, just trade him and get something for him now bc the best time to do that was yesterday. If you still want to move Collins you have more assets to do so. Maybe you can trade them together. Lots of possibilities, but one thing for sure is that they are not going to pay both.

Not shocking, still baffles me that he was being ranked in the teens by some. He should go to OTE lol, or is he too old?
Half expecting Ben Simmons to play for them next year. Maybe he could get redrafted and be rookie of the year again.

Fact is they have two C's that can't play with each other, one is due for a pay raise soon. You can say it's not a situation, I could not care less what term you want to call it, but it's something that needs to be resolved. They can't pay both. If their solution is to be prepared to let Okongwu walk.....ok well that's one way to resolve it. Not a great one IMO.

Collins + either center is a better combo than the two C's alone who absolutely cannot play together. I would definitely be looking to make a decision on Okongwu/Capela this off season. They don't need both. If you don't think Quin wants Okogwu as a starter as you suggested earlier, just trade him and get something for him now bc the best time to do that was yesterday. If you still want to move Collins you have more assets to do so. Maybe you can trade them together. Lots of possibilities, but one thing for sure is that they are not going to pay both.
They can pay both if they need to... they'd only overlap a year on Okongwu's extension. This is even more true if they move Collins.

They have multiple windows of opportunity to solve that situation... and there's a chance it solves itself. Okongwu plays well enough they have confidence in him, maybe he agrees to an extension that isn't as much as you would guess. Moving one of those guys may not yield what they want... as many teams will have the same issue with Okongwu that Atlanta has. If they move off of Collins and then Murray walks... well they will have ample room to keep both. I just don't see the urgency you do there.

I’m not up to date on the rules, but did he lose his NCAA eligibility? Also… is he nuts? Or did he just somehow get WAY WORSE feedback than we were being fed? The hype would suggest he easily gets drafted by #40. And what does he hope to achieve by being more well-known at that point? Oftentimes it is just an opportunity to get way more nitpicked. I’m pretty sure being a toolsy man-of-mystery is the cushiest way to enter the draft.

They can pay both if they need to... they'd only overlap a year on Okongwu's extension. This is even more true if they move Collins.

They have multiple windows of opportunity to solve that situation... and there's a chance it solves itself. Okongwu plays well enough they have confidence in him, maybe he agrees to an extension that isn't as much as you would guess. Moving one of those guys may not yield what they want... as many teams will have the same issue with Okongwu that Atlanta has. If they move off of Collins and then Murray walks... well they will have ample room to keep both. I just don't see the urgency you do there.

Paying both would be a very stupid way to spend money as a cap strapped team. I don't think any team, cash strapped or not, should dedicate so much money to two C's that cannot play together. What's the point? It's not like they're contending for a championship and desperately need to maximize the backup C situation. Besides, they are a better team with one or the other + Collins than with both centers. Maybe the answer is that they don't want either C. It's not like that combo has been holding it down on defense.

There are a ton of different ways to address the immediate money issues, but they could kill two birds with one stone by trying to resolve the C situation. If they get lucky and/or play their cards right they might get out of it with more future assets at hand. It's just the ideal type of move to make right now.

I’m not up to date on the rules, but did he lose his NCAA eligibility? Also… is he nuts? Or did he just somehow get WAY WORSE feedback than we were being fed? The hype would suggest he easily gets drafted by #40. And what does he hope to achieve by being more well-known at that point? Oftentimes it is just an opportunity to get way more nitpicked. I’m pretty sure being a toolsy man-of-mystery is the cushiest way to enter the draft.

I read that new rules would allow him to go back to school after the combine, but not sure if that still applies. Seems like he's going to go another route anyways. Maybe he sits on another bench and creates more mystery? He will be 21 next year, so he will have to be VERY good to be considered a lotto guy like Shams is saying.