What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

I’m not up to date on the rules, but did he lose his NCAA eligibility? Also… is he nuts? Or did he just somehow get WAY WORSE feedback than we were being fed? The hype would suggest he easily gets drafted by #40. And what does he hope to achieve by being more well-known at that point? Oftentimes it is just an opportunity to get way more nitpicked. I’m pretty sure being a toolsy man-of-mystery is the cushiest way to enter the draft.
Next year is a weak draft. I know youre going to say come out if you know you have a spot, but the fact is teams pour more into your development the higher you're picked. You're given more room to fail more times than not.

Next year is a weak draft. I know youre going to say come out if you know you have a spot, but the fact is teams pour more into your development the higher you're picked. You're given more room to fail more times than not.
I was told you can't predict if next year's draft is good or bad.

There could be some three team side action in any Scoot to NO type deal. If it was with Portland then Simons would likely be in the deal... I could see NO not necessarily wanting him with CJ, Scoot, etc. already on board.

The other thing is Dyson Daniels... if they got Scoot he's not a wonderful fit with Dyson. I'd see if there is a way we jump in and snake him from NO.

My guess is it would be Ingram to Porty (I don't really think it moves the needle much for Portland tbh) or if it is with Charlotte it will be Zion to Charlotte.
Dyson is a tremendous fit with Scoot

New here. I am curious why nobody mentions Markelle Fultz as a possible trade target. His contract expires in 2024. Magic has a logjam in backcourt. Fultz just had a career year but is far from a cornerstone. Two more rookies incoming. I would call Magic with THT+pick as a start.

Top end talent it's weak. Bobi has a chance to break into the top end. He's that good.

Stop trying so hard to misconstrue what I say when I say it plain as day
You quite literally said next year's draft is weak... maybe just don't contradict yourself bud.

And I told you what draft experts mean when they say weak draft. You need to listen better scout.
And I told you the draft experts literally clarified that its not just at the top... soooooooo. But I guess Bobi going top 3 next year after he lights up the OTE or some **** cuz he's "that good!"

New here. I am curious why nobody mentions Markelle Fultz as a possible trade target. His contract expires in 2024. Magic has a logjam in backcourt. Fultz just had a career year but is far from a cornerstone. Two more rookies incoming. I would call Magic with THT+pick as a start.
I believe Jazz could potentially make that type of deal this summer. We probably need to see if THT/JC opt out. Also need to see how the draft plays out for both teams.

I watched a lot of the Magic this year, and doubt they see Fultz as part of the future, but also don't think we should see him as part of our future either.

Bobi struggled to get off the bench at Wake for most of the year. Breaking into the top end as a 21 year old will be tough.

My speculation is that Bobi got promised a two-way deal of some sort (or a stash situation like Heustis), but the AUS league offered him more money. I saw something where they were offering big money to have people join their next up program or whatever it is called. Almost everyone looks bad in the AUS league, even if they are good prospects, so it's a nice place for him to keep up the "mystique".

I just think the Jazz are going to do some whacky **** and there's just no way to predict what's going to happen.
They are either going to trade up from 9 or 16 and trade out of 28. That's my guess.

Will try and get some two man combination of Anthony Black, Ausar Thompson, Jarace Walker, Jalen Hood Schifino, Taylor Hendricks, Cam Whitmore, Gradey Dick, Kobe Bufkin

Last edited:
They are either going to trade up from 9 or 16 and trade out of 28. That's my guess.

Will try and get some two man combination of Anthony Black, Ausar Thompson, Jarace Walker, Jalen Hood Schifino, Taylor Hendricks, Cam Whitmore, Gradey Dick, Kobe Bufkin

Sweet, you added Kobe Bufkin! I still like Coulibaly too. I wonder if he's in play.

Have we had a discussion about whether to trade for Chris Paul yet? I think he could be the kind of piece that accelerates the development of the team quite a bit.

Mostly unrelated; I kinda want both Bufkin and Podz. Could be an interesting backcourt.