What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

But our target is to be one of the best ball-movement teams, and it ain't gonna happen with Luka.
I think our target is to win as much as possible. That may or may not happen with or without luka. Just no way to know. Also no way to know how luka plays in the future or how he plays with a different team and teammates.

I would do that trade. As for the picks i would trade them our own rather than cavs or wolves picks. We would be really good so our picks would suck plus i LOVE having other teams picks. So fun to root against and follow those teams.

They will want more picks doe unfortunately. 3 isnt enough to get it done. Twolves gave us a better package for gobert. Luka >>>>>>>>>>>>> gobert. Cavs gave us a better package for Don. Luka >>>>>> don.
If all they want is Kessler, Ochai, 3 picks, and filler, you fill out the paperwork before the phone-call is finished.

Would anyone trade Victor for Luka straight across?
Good question. To me its a no brainer yes if the salaries were the same. Victor being a lot cheaper and under team control for longer would be the only thing that would make the decision hard for me. I probably still do it though. The chances that victor is ever as good as luka is currently at 24 years old are less than 50% imo.

Can’t afford that under the new CBA. The league is moving to two stars per team.
I think this is being way oversold… you can have more than two stars… it’s teams with a star on a megamax and 3-4 guys in the 17-25M range that might suffer most.

Was just saying that great ball-movement is one of the ingredients the best teams often have. It is also the style of play I like to watch.
I understand… but it is a means to an end and not the end itself.

I think Luka is overrated. He is not a team player, and this limits his value for me. And we can’t overlook the fact that he is a poor defender. I rather have a player like Jaylen Brown on our team.
He is also 24 years old and has only played for 1 team in his career. Meaning he might be able to change his game before he is done. Especially if he were on a new team. Gotta get the talent when you can get it and then its the coaches job (and the other teammates) to make that talent work in the best way to acheive wins.

My biggest concern abput Luka is he doesn't seem to care about improving in the off-season. He seems to come in out of shape. I see stories about him partying and smoking. I just dont see him being a championship type talent.

I worry that type of mindset can wear off on others on the team.

No. But I’d gladly take Victor and then try to use other draft picks to try to add Jaylen Brown or Luka.
That’s tough. I think it would be real tough to pass on like 7-8 years of team control on a prospect like Wemby for the current production of what Luka brings. I think it’d be smart to swap him for Luka but these things never really happen.

I kinda hope Dallas wins the lottery. I think they would actually consider trading the #1 pick if what they got was a perfect supporting cast on team-friendly terms (Lauri, Walker, Ochai, Sexton/Clarkson, some extra picks).

I kinda hope Dallas wins the lottery. I think they would actually consider trading the #1 pick if what they got was a perfect supporting cast on team-friendly terms (Lauri, Walker, Ochai, Sexton/Clarkson, some extra picks).

No way they’d trade him.

My biggest concern abput Luka is he doesn't seem to care about improving in the off-season. He seems to come in out of shape. I see stories about him partying and smoking. I just dont see him being a championship type talent.

I worry that type of mindset can wear off on others on the team.
I agree. this is the biggest concern. Hopefully as he gets more mature he parties less and smokes less and exercises more. I know thats what happened to me. 24 years old is pretty young.

No way they’d trade him.
Who is him? I saw something about a team trading a pick and something about another team trading lots of players and picks. Wemby?
I hope they wouldn't trade him for the package suggested. We give up Lauri, kessler, ochai, sexton/clarkson and picks and get a rookie who is unproven in the nba and is maybe the skinniest (injury concern) player in nba history.
Man we would suck pretty bad for a while if we made that trade. Dallas would instantly be title contenders on the other hand. Man that would suck *** big time. We get to be in the lottery for the foreseeable future while our trade partner gets to go win titles. Puke.

Who is him? I saw something about a team trading a pick and something about another team trading lots of players and picks. Wemby?
I hope they wouldn't trade him for the package suggested. We give up Lauri, kessler, ochai, sexton/clarkson and picks and get a rookie who is unproven in the nba and is maybe the skinniest (injury concern) player in nba history.
Man we would suck pretty bad for a while if we made that trade. Dallas would instantly be title contenders on the other hand. Man that would suck *** big time. We get to be in the lottery for the foreseeable future while our trade partner gets to go win titles. Puke.

I was talking about Wemby. They wouldn’t trade him nor should we give up that crazy package for him.

Here's how it will play out:

1. Jazz get the #1 pick in the lottery and trade for Luka
2. Ainge somehow seduces Luka's hot mom and during the offseason Luka's mom drives her son to the gym every day to exercise and work out. She also feeds her son a diet of healthy food and continues to sign his autographs so Luka doesn't waste any energy
3. Championship