What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

Porzingis is holding the deal up til the last moment possible on if he decides to opt into his contract for the trade to happen.

If wizards wanna suck why not jusy ask for some young guy like Bones and let him chuck up 20 shots a night. They simply can't lose in that situation.

Not sure how you missed this, but Beal has a no-trade clause and he used that to basically block the Suns from sending players worth a damn.

What they're doing is getting out from under that insane contract and get to a proper rebuild.
If that's the case why not just hold onto Beal. It's not like he submitted a trade request and even if he did, we saw how Nets set the example on how teams should handle that type of situation. Doing a bad trade is worse than not doing any trade at all. Even just hold onto Beal for one more season, next year teams will be able to trade their firsts in the 2030s so they will definitely get to ask for more returns than just a bunch of seconds.

I mean Jae ****ing Crowder got Suns 5 2nds after demanding trade publicly and sitting out half of the season. If wiz are afraid Beal gets hurt they can sit him too. Then by next year's trade deadline teams will get desperate and there will be a bidding war. Trading him now is the very definition of sell low. Especially after seeing how Nets and Suns dealt with the situation just a season ago.

If that's the case why not just hold onto Beal. It's not like he submitted a trade request and even if he did, we saw how Nets set the example on how teams should handle that type of situation. Doing a bad trade is worse than not doing any trade at all. Even just hold onto Beal for one more season, next year teams will be able to trade their firsts in the 2030s so they will definitely get to ask for more returns than just a bunch of seconds.

I mean Jae ****ing Crowder got Suns 5 2nds after demanding trade publicly and sitting out half of the season. If wiz are afraid Beal gets hurt they can sit him too. Then by next year's trade deadline teams will get desperate and there will be a bidding war. Trading him now is the very definition of sell low. Especially after seeing how Nets and Suns dealt with the situation just a season ago.
Jae Crowder also wasn't owed $200 million (Jesus that is crazy to type) and in the way of a rebuild.

Everything about that trade and how the Wizards approached the Beal situation has been disaster, I agree. But the original sin was the contract being drawn up and inked.

Jae Crowder also wasn't owed $200 million (Jesus that is crazy to type) and in the way of a rebuild.

In any event, it will be a number of years before a no trade clause is given again.
Crowder wasn't but Rudy was. Look Ainge is genius but there's no reason that they can't get at lease a couple of first rounders in this deal.

I'm not saying they shouldn't trade beal at all. I'm saying they shouldn't trade him now. They still have to pay same amount of money for Paul and Shamet this coming season(and 3 MORE years of Shamet) and don't have the cap space to sign anyone this summer. How is trading him now any better than trading him next year?

And there is no source that says Beal only wants the Suns and Heat(who still had their 2027 and 2029 firsts available) was very much in the race. So I think you are overplaying the no trade clause.

Crowder wasn't but Rudy was. Look Ainge is genius but there's no reason that they can't get at lease a couple of first rounders in this deal.

I'm not saying they shouldn't trade beal at all. I'm saying they shouldn't trade him now. They still have to pay same amount of money for Paul and Shamet this coming season(and 3 MORE years of Shamet) and don't have the cap space to sign anyone this summer. How is trading him now any better than trading him next year?

And there is no source that says Beal only wants the Suns and Heat(who still had their 2027 and 2029 firsts available) was very much in the race. So I think you are overplaying the no trade clause.
the no trade not only dictated that he went exactly where he wanted… it dictated that they couldn’t send Ayton in the deal. Miami also didn’t want Beal… because of tax and waiting for Dame. So you might want to sit this out until you’ve taken 10 minutes to actually understand what happened.

If Wizards wants a rebuild there's no reason they keeps going after aging players who have no business in their future. I mean historically speaking only about 10% of the guys seletced at 30th can even make it to the rotation. Its even worse for those second rounders. Why not go get some young guys with proven NBA track record

the no trade not only dictated that he went exactly where he wanted… it dictated that they couldn’t send Ayton in the deal. Miami also didn’t want Beal… because of tax and waiting for Dame. So you might want to sit this out until you’ve taken 10 minutes to actually understand what happened.
What happened is Portland not even entertaining offers for Dame, according to Woj. Another reason for Wiz to stand pad cuz teams are coming back for Beal after realizing Dame is not for sale. It doesnt take ten minutes to look up wojespn

What happened is Portland not even entertaining offers for Dame, according to Woj. Another reason for Wiz to stand pad cuz teams are coming back for Beal after realizing Dame is not for sale. It doesnt take ten minutes to look up wojespn
Ok champ you got all the answers.

And actually Blazers are one of the few teams that makes sense for Porzingis. They have young players they can trade and have multiple first rounders available. Even giving up 30% of what they have is better than the crap that Celtics/clippers are putting together. If Blazers really want to contend one more time like they said they would