What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

I think Memphis overpaid for Smart. My guess is they apparently feel like they need an adult in the lockerroom with Ja.

Boston made out pretty good. They deal Smart + salary filler(Gallinari/Muscala) + 35th pick for Porzingis/25th pick/'24 FRP

This won’t change their plans. But they may not have ever been going for a pg. they’ll still take bpa, just as they would have before the trade
That's fair. Jones is a decent backup but not a starting caliber PG. Their roster now is full of holes so it's gonna get wild when it gets to their eighth pick tomorrow.

Boston must've thought White can do everything that smart does for them.
I agree White is a better fit next to the J's in Boston.

Smart is going to probably take over that Dillon Brooks type role in Memphis. They desperately needed some vet leadership. Their culture was headed in the wrong direction the past year.

wtf is Boston doing ??
Staying alive. This is a low-key salary dump, likely an improvement considering their previous glut of big guards and lacking big rotation, and they get some draft capital to (hopefully) fill out their roster with cheap players.

This is genius on their part... assuming Smart wasn't the heart and soul of the team (in a good way). They needed a shakeup anyway.