What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

Have we had a discussion about whether to trade for Chris Paul yet? I think he could be the kind of piece that accelerates the development of the team quite a bit.

Mostly unrelated; I kinda want both Bufkin and Podz. Could be an interesting backcourt.
I may want Paul strictly for his ability to teach and mentor. Now he probably doesn’t want that but oh well.

Have we had a discussion about whether to trade for Chris Paul yet? I think he could be the kind of piece that accelerates the development of the team quite a bit.

Mostly unrelated; I kinda want both Bufkin and Podz. Could be an interesting backcourt.
I haven’t paid attention to any speculation on what Phoenix would have to do to move Paul. What would be a ballpark range of what you’d expect that to look like for us?

Cp has one more year of trying to win before he goes mentor mode imo

We should very much consider FVV if we are trying to win next year.

FVV, Lauri, Kessler

With Sexton, THT, Ochai, KO and the rookies we end up with could be a sneaky good team with adding a few other fringe pieces.

I think Cy is on to something. Not really seeing the Jazz bring in any prospects projected in that mid 1st round range makes me ask questions: Have they just not been reported? Is it too soon to know with a week left? Have they already decided to move 16?

My guess is that they are indeed targeting two top 10 picks. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.
1000001479.png

I think anyone claiming they have reliable feeds to bank on, regarding this orgs direction, at least in terms of who tops their board, who might get moved or targetted etc. are fos.
It's all a guessing game that we play here, and nobody knows ****. But hey keep guessing one or two of you might get lucky

I think Cy is on to something. Not really seeing the Jazz bring in any prospects projected in that mid 1st round range makes me ask questions: Have they just not been reported? Is it too soon to know with a week left? Have they already decided to move 16?

My guess is that they are indeed targeting two top 10 picks. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.
View attachment 14608

When Gradey Dick came in a week ago, I think another player or two came in with him. Possibly Bufkin or George. We only know of Gradey because he posted images on IG.

This doesn't belong here, but not sure what active thread to put it in. It appears that Sexton loves Hardy:

Collin has been pretty involved this offseason. I'm guessing he is not being shopped... not that this is news but I think the FO thinks more highly of him than some of us may think... even though the message kept coming out about how they don't view him as a pg or a starter.

Collin has been pretty involved this offseason. I'm guessing he is not being shopped... not that this is news but I think the FO thinks more highly of him than some of us may think... even though the message kept coming out about how they don't view him as a pg or a starter.

Hardy coached Sexton what seemed to be unfairly hard last year. I think Sexton could have had some resentment, and so him making these comments shows what kind of kid he is.

I don't think Hardy coaches him that hard if he didn't see the potential there.

I agree with this - I think he was the focal point of the Mitchell trade from the FO perspective and I’m pretty high on what he can become still. Love the fact he’s stayed in Utah all summer

Hardy coached Sexton what seemed to be unfairly hard last year. I think Sexton could have had some resentment, and so him making these comments shows what kind of kid he is.

I don't think Hardy coaches him that hard if he didn't see the potential there.
Dude wants to get better and I think the tough love was frustrating at times but probably the right approach. It is impressive that Collin views it correctly and has not pouted.

I agree with this - I think he was the focal point of the Mitchell trade from the FO perspective and I’m pretty high on what he can become still. Love the fact he’s stayed in Utah all summer
I’m confident that he will become the best basketball player he can. I think it’s the right move to spend so much time here and be involved… hopefully it has on court rewards.