What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

I think he would be good if we got Black, to counterbalance his height. Otherwise, I'm iffy on him.
Black Maxey is exactly what I was thinking... Tyrese can play point though I think... so its not the only route imo.

I personally think any one of the Wolves picks are worth more than Quickley and would hate that for us.
How about a deal where the Jazz give up the lowest of their three picks in 2025? Similar to the trade with the Nets this year. Keep the best two picks, and bet that at least one of Utah, Cleveland and Minnesota are in the mid to low 20’s?

Merging a few rumors on #10... Vecenie hinted that there was more to the Bogey rumor... My thought was Dallas moves back to 16 while collecting something... then does THJ and 16 for Bogey and 31 if they want to... So say we throw out 16, 28, and offer to take McGee or do a Bertans/KO (or THT if he opts in... JC too). Like Dallas could walk away with 28, 31, Bogey, KO (or cap flexibility) so they spin off the asset for a bunch of smaller assets and a couple win now pieces.

The Atlanta thing... Say they will send JC out and we take Bertans... opens up MLE for them and a bunch of cap flexibility. Not sure who Atlanta would want at #10 anyway...So what if we took #10, give Dallas #16, Atlanta gives #15 and gets back #28... takes no returning salary or like Dunn if they have interest. We end with 9, 10, 15 and DA masterminds the middle part of the draft to give us maximum value at each pick.

How about a deal where the Jazz give up the lowest of their three picks in 2025? Similar to the trade with the Nets this year. Keep the best two picks, and bet that at least one of Utah, Cleveland and Minnesota are in the mid to low 20’s?
That negates the special value of sending Minnesota one of their picks back (it would open up their being compensated if they have a poor season [they can tank]).

Merging a few rumors on #10... Vecenie hinted that there was more to the Bogey rumor... My thought was Dallas moves back to 16 while collecting something... then does THJ and 16 for Bogey and 31 if they want to... So say we throw out 16, 28, and offer to take McGee or do a Bertans/KO (or THT if he opts in... JC too). Like Dallas could walk away with 28, 31, Bogey, KO (or cap flexibility) so they spin off the asset for a bunch of smaller assets and a couple win now pieces.

The Atlanta thing... Say they will send JC out and we take Bertans... opens up MLE for them and a bunch of cap flexibility. Not sure who Atlanta would want at #10 anyway...So what if we took #10, give Dallas #16, Atlanta gives #15 and gets back #28... takes no returning salary or like Dunn if they have interest. We end with 9, 10, 15 and DA masterminds the middle part of the draft to give us maximum value at each pick.
HH in his bag again.

The problem seems to be everybody wants to move up or take on borderline stars for a run into the playoffs, and that nobody seems to want to trade back in this draft. Except for the top picks, which will want something more than what we want or have to offer. Hate to say it, but we’re probably picking at where we landed or engaging in a scenario like HH mentioned above.

Looking at the names being tossed around as trade fodder, what would your thoughts be on trading a non-essential rotational player along with the draft capital it takes to move up. Would you do a trade to 4/5 that includes Sexton or KO plus the windfall of picks? Or just stay out and see how the board shakes out?

Looking at the names being tossed around as trade fodder, what would your thoughts be on trading a non-essential rotational player along with the draft capital it takes to move up. Would you do a trade to 4/5 that includes Sexton or KO plus the windfall of picks? Or just stay out and see how the board shakes out?
I would greatly prefer trading our good players to move up rather than future picks.

The problem seems to be everybody wants to move up or take on borderline stars for a run into the playoffs, and that nobody seems to want to trade back in this draft. Except for the top picks, which will want something more than what we want or have to offer. Hate to say it, but we’re probably picking at where we landed or engaging in a scenario like HH mentioned above.

Teams that are under pressure to move salary will trade back a few spots, imo. Dallas is the first example. New Orleans could be another. Pels could move back to 16 and still get Keyonte George, Jalen Hood-Schifino or Jordan Hawkins. Jazz could add #28 and take back a player.

Jazz are probably going to need #10 from Dallas if they want Bilal or Bufkin. It's starting to sound like OKC will take one of them at #12.

From Jake Fischer below, basically the same as what Givony said yesterday...

"The Jazz are another team making efforts to move up in the draft, sources said. Utah holds the Nos. 9, 16 and 28 selections and has contacted teams about various trade scenarios with those three selections."