What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

based on what?
I can’t really imagine a team drafting him and asking him to play off ball. If Houston thinks they’re getting Harden, he doesn’t fit there, doesn’t fit with Cunningham in Detroit, doesn’t fit with all of the non shooting PGs in Orlando, and doesn’t fit with the Pacers and Haliburton. Washington would have the clear need for him, so I think we’d have to trade up to 7 to get him.

These KAT quotes on the Bev pod are hilarious and super cringe. I would expect nothing less from that weirdo... I hope Minny does not move him... he will keep Minny horrible for so long. Just a side note.

NBA cities that I’ve been to ranked by where I would want to live:

Charlotte
Indy
Denver
Orlando
Dallas
Miami
DC
SLC
OKC
Phoenix
Chicago
Philadelphia
Toronto
Milwaukee
Detroit
Cleveland
LA
San Francisco
Minneapolis

They longer quote is even weirder.
The longer quote is like… how the nuggets had years to get where they were and the wolves only had months so when they “got it done” it was more impressive.
He’s just a weirdo and I bet they are going to move him in the next 12 months… I think that’s part of why they got Rudy.

It’s a hard argument to say SLC isn’t objectively better, easily, than the following NBA cities:

Milwaukee
Cleveland
Indiana
Washington DC
Charlotte
Detroit
Sacramento
Minneapolis
OKC

I know the first response is “but the diversity,” by I’d wager that anyone initially concerned about that who has lived here would be picking SLC over the above cities at a rate that far surpasses what would be expected.

Maybe Charlotte is more debatable.

I live just outside of Charlotte and I lived in SLC for 25 years. Charlotte is just as nice. Just different.

Okay, here goes....

Cam goes at 4 to HOU.
Jarace goes at 5 to DET.
Ausar goes at 6 to ORL.
Jazz move up to 7 for Amen.
Black goes at 8 to WAS.
Hendricks or Dick goes at 9 to IND.
Now the Jazz need to buy back in the lottery for Bilal, Bufkin or Keyonte George. Maybe the Jazz can move up to #7 with the Laker's pick and keep #16 and #28 to make a move up for Bilal or Keyonte.

Last edited:
Okay, here goes....

Cam goes at 4 to HOU.
Jarace goes at 5 to DET.
Ausar goes at 6 to ORL.
Jazz move up to 7 for Amen.
Black goes at 8 to WAS.
Hendricks or Dick goes at 9 to IND.
Now the Jazz need to buy back in the lottery for Bilal, Bufkin or Keyonte George. Maybe the Jazz can move up to #7 with the Laker's pick and keep #16 and #28 to make a move up for Bilal or Keyonte.
If we grabbed a second pick I would hope for Wallace, Bufkin, or Leonard Miller.

No way, that’s insane value to move up two spots.

I think the Jazz want to keep their picks at 16 and 28 to make a run at Coulibaly or George. They'd have to move a future pick. Indiana would agree to it because they already have too many picks in this draft. Indiana can package their late picks and try to move up on their own for a guy like Leonard Miller.

I think the Jazz want to keep their picks at 16 and 28 to make a run at Coulibaly or George. They'd have to move a future pick. Indiana would agree to it because they already have too many picks in this draft. Indiana can package their late picks and try to move up on their own for a guy like Leonard Miller.

You do make a good point. I just think the Lakers first is super valuable. Could we do a 2025 first instead from Minnesota or Cleveland instead?

FWIW, the Jazz already did workout Cam Whitmore and Jarace Walker this week. So, imo, the possibility of moving up to 6 or 7 may have been on the table for a week now.

The tell will be if Amen comes in to workout with the Jazz.