What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

Bilal over Cam? Ha ha ha. How is that even a question? CAM!!!

I'm just saying it's possible. Detroit may take Walker over Cam. Orlando may take Ausar over Cam. Indiana may take Hendricks over Cam. Washington may take Black over Cam.

Cam was supposed to be a top-5 guy.

I'm just saying it's possible. Detroit may take Walker over Cam. Orlando may take Ausar over Cam. Indiana may take Hendricks over Cam. Washington may take Black over Cam.

Cam was supposed to be a top-5 guy.
Mediocre jumper, no passing ability, ball stopper, questionable defense

No thank you

Holy ****!! What were the suns thinking?
I’ve been asking myself the same thing and I think there’s only logical answer: The Suns new owner is an idiot who simply doesn’t care about the new CBA rules and is hell bent on making a major splash in hopes that it propels Phoenix to the finals early on in his ownership.

I think this move will be a disaster comparable to the Herschel Walker and Rudy Gobert trades. Maybe I’m missing something, but I see Booker and Beal as extreme 1 dimensional players who give you scoring, and well, nothing else. Prime Durrant is one of the better overall players in the league, but does prime Durrant even exist anymore?

I suppose it could work if Ayton decides to pull his head out of his *** and be the force that he’s capable of in the paint and defensively, but I doubt that happens and I don’t think we know yet if Ayton is even in their plans moving forward.

It just all seems like a massive mistake and I can’t wait to watch that franchise burn.

I think this move will be a disaster comparable to the Herschel Walker and Rudy Gobert trades. Maybe I’m missing something, but I see Booker and Beal as extreme 1 dimensional players who give you scoring, and well, nothing else. Prime Durrant is one of the better overall players in the league, but does prime Durrant even exist anymore?
Beal averaged almost 7 assists and Booker averaged almost 6

Beal averaged almost 7 assists and Booker averaged almost 6
Not sure where you got those numbers, but last season, Beal averaged 5.4 assists, which doesn’t qualify for “almost 7” in my book while Booker averaged 5.5 which I guess qualifies for “almost 6”.

Beal turns 30 before the season starts and has a career average of 4.3 assists per while Booker sports a 4.6 career average. I don’t know if Phoenix plans on starting one of them as their PG, but I’d have to think the answer to that is no. If a true PG is brought in, I honestly have no idea what that will do to their assist numbers as I figure all 3 of Booker, KD, and Beal will see plenty of action initiating the offense.

All that being said, I probably shortchanged their passing abilities a little bit in my original post, but I definitely think it’s fair to say that their passing abilities are good but certainly far from great. Beal and Booker get paid 9 figures because they can put the ball in the hoop better than 90% of the rest of the league while offering decent passing and absolutely next to nothing on the defensive side of the ball.

I’ll stand by my opinion that this is shaping up to be a disaster that Phoenix will not be able to get themselves out from under for a decade. I’m sure there’s a scenario where KD actually manages to stay healthy for an entire season, all 3 of them gel perfectly, and I’m eating crow next June while the Suns play in the NBA finals, but is that something you’d be willing to bet the farm on if you were running the Suns?

i think Beal makes sense if they plan to load manage Durant. he's injury prone but still an unstoppable talent. then come playoff time its 3 stooges my turn-your turn game plan. ayton is gonna be a question mark now that cp3 is gone.

He was also convinced that Donovan was being traded to the Heat and refused to admit he was wrong even when the actual source revealed he was always talking about KD, lmao.
Y'all just making **** up. I predicted no trade til maybe mid season. Never even considered Miami a real player in the Donovan game.

You're the dude who thinks a run of the mill 3&D forward is a top 10 prospect lmfao
Sir he’s not run of the mill and he is a top ten prospect… and I ain’t out here saying “well well well look at espn putting Hendricks in the top ten after I released my big board”

Lol at everyone worried about Cam not being able to pass. The dude is 18 years old! I think it's easier to teach passing than shooting. Cam is going to be awesome and I'll fight anyone who thinks different.

That they could get Beal for a role player, some second round picks, a washed dude they were going to flat out cut a week ago and two pick swaps.

The problem isn't Beal, the problem for them is Ayton.
That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about how the new cba ****s everything up for the suns and if they don’t win a title with that big three and basically scrubs they are done for a long time.

i think Beal makes sense if they plan to load manage Durant. he's injury prone but still an unstoppable talent. then come playoff time its 3 stooges my turn-your turn game plan. ayton is gonna be a question mark now that cp3 is gone.
My fear is that Phoenix is able to trade Ayton for a bunch of quality role players. Denver went from good to contender when they added the guys supporting Murray and Jokic (Brown, Gordon, etc).

Bigs, unless they are extremely positionally versatile like Jokic/AD/Towns/Bam, are not as necessary as defense first, only shoot wide open role players. But what Phoenix has done for the cost to get Beal is robbery.

My fear is that Phoenix is able to trade Ayton for a bunch of quality role players. Denver went from good to contender when they added the guys supporting Murray and Jokic (Brown, Gordon, etc).

Bigs, unless they are extremely positionally versatile like Jokic/AD/Towns/Bam, are not as necessary as defense first, only shoot wide open role players. But what Phoenix has done for the cost to get Beal is robbery.
Given they literally have no control over their draft until 2030 and will be hardcapped for a long time under the new CBA all for a player who has an awkward positional fit their their 1a option and is reliant on the knees of Kevin freakin' Durant and the motivation of a player who would sooner eff off to Indy had he the choice?

Robbery perhaps, but they are staring down the barrel of a loaded gun with a loose trigger.

Welcome back! All I can say is they better turn Ayton into multiple contributors cuz that’s their final chip. The cupboards are completely bare.