What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

I'd be over the moon with a Walker/Hawkins draft.

Don't really see it with Jackson, but 28th picks are fairly hit or miss.

The local Indy sportswriter was talking about how the Pacers are pretty desperate to make some trades. They don't have roster spots for all of their draft picks and already have a lot of young guys they are developing.

The local Indy sportswriter was talking about how the Pacers are pretty desperate to make some trades. They don't have roster spots for all of their draft picks and already have a lot of young guys they are developing.
Fine... I'll send them 9 and 28 for 7, 26, 29... they just opened up a roster spot... you're welcome Indiana!

I had a weird thought that I am not pushing either way, but also haven't seen written before. We know that our 2027 Laker pick will be between #5 and #34 due to protections. That average is pick #20. This year the Lakers have #17 and it is a deeper than usual draft. Would you trade the Laker pick we own for their pick this year?

Not that we need extra picks and I am not team trade up but maybe 9, 16 for 7, 26, 29 and we do the Denver deal to sell off 28 for a 2024 pick I guess. Maybe we make them eat Rudy Gay's deal for the hell of it.

I know they liked THT. Maybe we can get him to opt in and get one of those later picks. It feels like there could be some guys dropping that would be worth picking there.
But don't they want less players... I guess it could be THT and 29 for Theis or something like that?

I had a weird thought that I am not pushing either way, but also haven't seen written before. We know that our 2027 Laker pick will be between #5 and #34 due to protections. That average is pick #20. This year the Lakers have #17 and it is a deeper than usual draft. Would you trade the Laker pick we own for their pick this year?
It's not guaranteed to be between 5 and 34. Could be as low as #44, I believe.