What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

Just shy of $20m seems to be his market. Go to realgm and you will see there isn’t a lot of respect / market for the guy.
I think Utah might have to be more in the 22-24ish range to get him and I'd be fine with that as I dont think it would be a harmful contract down the line.

I think Utah might have to be more in the 22-24ish range to get him and I'd be fine with that as I dont think it would be a harmful contract down the line.
If we can get him in the 20mil range then I would be pretty happy.

It all depends on who we draft with our top pick in my mind… if we draft a guard then Kuz away. If we draft a forward then I’d prefer not to put our prospect behind that financial commitment.

It all depends on who we draft with our top pick in my mind… if we draft a guard then Kuz away. If we draft a forward then I’d prefer not to put our prospect behind that financial commitment.
Why? The Jazz have almost no SF's on the roster and only 1 good PF (Lauri).

They arent in danger of having a forward log-jam, even if they draft Hendricks/Walker and sign Kuzma.

Why? The Jazz have almost no SF's on the roster and only 1 good PF (Lauri).

They arent in danger of having a forward log-jam, even if they draft Hendricks/Walker and sign Kuzma.
Just that I believe young guys get better faster when the opportunity is greater. Nothing against the Kuz.

Unless KO gets moved I think he will also get time at the 4 and Lauri will play the 3 to take advantage of certain matchups.

Just that I believe young guys get better faster when the opportunity is greater. Nothing against the Kuz.

Unless KO gets moved I think he will also get time at the 4 and Lauri will play the 3 to take advantage of certain matchups.
KO is a free agent after next season and he's injury prone/older.

You draft Hendricks, sign Kuzma and you still have a ton of minutes for all 3 of Kuzma/Hendricks/Lauri.

Guys, should I be excited if we get Kuzma or not?
Yes. I’ve come all the way around on him. If the Jazz add him, I think there’s a bump in his production for next year and I think he’d be a solid fit next to Lauri. He’s almost 28, so he’s a good fit for the current timeline as well.

I hope we don't sign Kuzma. I don't like players who think they are stars and want star money but they are not quite there yet. That he plays the same position as your true star makes it worse.

I also pay attention to a guy's character. Kuzma is high profile and does controversial stuff. The drama between him and Dinwiddie not long ago rang a huge alarm.

I'm actually fine if they want to keep Dame... its just letting that dictate the thinking on the 3rd pick that is a mistake imo. Draft Scoot and makes some other moves... if Dame ain't working then trade him. Just don't do something dumb.

Celtics making big moves.

How is Brogdon continuously getting had for, like, nothing?
Injuries... another guy that was red flagged in a serious way medically with his foot. I also think he might be a little bit of an ***... like he's super smart and accepted a role but I get the sense he is a little prickly. So may not be a veteran mentor type.