What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

I'd be calling Wizards like crazy right now. Do a 28 and future first (one from the cavs) for 8 and 30. They dumb
Ain't no way they'd do that... but I'd be calling. There was some rumor they registered some Sexton's interest. I'd be trying to grab Deni and maybe swap places with them if they were amenable.

Ain't no way they'd do that... but I'd be calling. There was some rumor they registered some Sexton's interest. I'd be trying to grab Deni and maybe swap places with them if they were amenable.
I doubt they would give up Deni. I think Kispert is the guy you could get as he projects more as a role player where Deni might be viewed as still have some upside in a team construct where it's more loose and he has the ball?

I doubt they would give up Deni. I think Kispert is the guy you could get as he projects more as a role player where Deni might be viewed as still have some upside in a team construct where it's more loose and he has the ball?
His second contract is coming up... so that might be part of the motivation... but you could be correct.

One thing... there will be a **** ton of trades... a lot. The new cba gives some motivation to speed things up... a ****** FA class means no one giant domino is holding things up... and with a ton of star trades already there is less to hold things up... might be a lot of small/medium deals... but there will be deals.

Like there's no way they would trade Porzingis for Marcus Morris/Gallinari but they did. If they want cap flexibility why not just let him walk now and sign some FAs for cheap. Like the Monk or Brown signing that ended up bringing great values to their teams. There's simply zero ceiling with Galo/Morris and neither is the 30th pick in the draft. Teams’d sell those for a much lower price. No one knows what Wiz GM is doing but teams are taking advantage of it.

Like there's no way they would trade Porzingis for Marcus Morris/Gallinari but they did. If they want cap flexibility why not just let him walk now and sign some FAs for cheap. Like the Monk or Brown signing that ended up bringing great values to their teams. There's simply zero ceiling with Galo/Morris and neither is the 30th pick in the draft. Teams’d sell those for a much lower price. No one knows what Wiz GM is doing but teams are taking advantage of it.
Zinger was on a one year deal and no longer fit what they were doing. Why would they sell a really valuable pick for a future pick lol... these things aren't the same guy.

Zinger was on a one year deal and no longer fit what they were doing.
What are they doing though? They obviously didn't want any young players cuz they got NONE from the Beal/Porz trade. I mean the draft capital they got was already bad enough. Then they got a 38 yr old, a 34 yr old, a 33 yr old and a 27 yr old in return for their two franchise players.

And they aren’t signing anyone this summer either cuz they just gave up porzingis expiring for contracts locked until next summer the soonest. (Shamet is the new Bertans aka deal breaker for any future trade they do)

I think Wiz GM's plan is to do as much damage as he possibly can and leave **** hot mess for his successor next year. The dude is asking to be fired. You just can't apply simple logic when dealing with them right now

What are they doing though? They obviously didn't want any young players cuz they got NONE from the Beal/Porz trade. I mean the draft capital they got was already bad enough. Then they got a 38 yr old, a 34 yr old, a 33 yr old and a 27 yr old in return for their two franchise players.

And they aren’t signing anyone this summer either cuz they just gave up porzingis expiring for contracts locked until next summer the soonest. (Shamet is the new Bertans aka deal breaker for any future trade they do)

I think Wiz GM's plan is to do as much damage as he possibly can and leave **** hot mess for his successor next year. The dude is asking to be fired.
Wut? He literally just got hired. He got #30 for Zinger... there was a contractual time crunch there. Beal had a no trade clause... they were just moving off his money.

They are clearing the salary cap and cashing in to get draft picks. They are positioned to get more by taking on bad salary. This is the tear down phase... and the stuff they are tearing down didn't have huge value.

I'm surprised we're open to trading Sexton. Dude shot like 50% for us and played well. I wouldn't want to see him traded unless we received stupid value for him. At a minimum, I think we need to keep either him or JC.

I'm surprised we're open to trading Sexton. Dude shot like 50% for us and played well. I wouldn't want to see him traded unless we received stupid value for him. At a minimum, I think we need to keep either him or JC.
Because the biggest Jazz talking point from the beat writers has been the Jazz value positional size and Sexton is a small guard who they dont even view as a potential PG, so he's even more undersized.

Yup. Idiots. But that could mean #3 is up for grabs. Or Simons.

I know this is but a pipe dream but just imagine with how Whitmore is sliding now on the big boards if the Jazz could put together a package to nab 3 without including Lauri, Kessler, or the 9 pick. And just imagine a bit longer if we had cam slip to 9 and we got both Cam and Miller. Pinch me hahaha

Wut? He literally just got hired. He got #30 for Zinger... there was a contractual time crunch there. Beal had a no trade clause... they were just moving off his money.

They are clearing the salary cap and cashing in to get draft picks. They are positioned to get more by taking on bad salary. This is the tear down phase... and the stuff they are tearing down didn't have huge value.
If they can't even cash in on Porzingis 33mil expiring now, how are they supposed to cash in with the likes of Morris/Galo/Shamet? And Shamet is already on a very very bad contract and they only got second rounders in return.

GMs get fired after brief spell in professional sports all the time. Magic Johnson is fired after just one (maybe two) year with the Lakers and he's the Lakers legend. You make moves so dumb that you can lose job for it over night. This is one of those moves.

If they can't even cash in on Porzingis 33mil expiring now, how are they supposed to cash in with the likes of Morris/Galo/Shamet? And Shamet is already on a very very bad contract and they only got second rounders in return.

GMs get fired after brief spell in professional sports all the time. Magic Johnson is fired after just one (maybe two) year with the Lakers and he's the Lakers legend. You make moves so dumb that you can lose job for it over night. This is one of those moves.
LOL they got the 30th pick for Zinger and literally had to move him TODAY or else he would just opt out and see what's on the market. Shamet and the other contracts are essentially expiring contracts. they can flip some of those guys in season.

Those guys aren't dumb... they are trading vets for meh returns under duress. Doesn't mean they will give up a prime asset like #8 that is the very thing they are trying to acquire for a ****** return. Now if you come with 16 and a couple firsts then you might entice them.

What are they doing though? They obviously didn't want any young players cuz they got NONE from the Beal/Porz trade.
Not sure how you missed this, but Beal has a no-trade clause and he used that to basically block the Suns from sending players worth a damn.

What they're doing is getting out from under that insane contract and get to a proper rebuild.

Not sure how you missed this, but Beal has a no-trade clause and he used that to basically block the Suns from sending players worth a damn.

What they're doing is getting out from under that insane contract and get to a proper rebuild.
He thinks the 2 former GMs and super high-level guy they just hired... who convinced Leonsis to do the right thing.. are incompetent.

Also, the trade is not finalized. But they're getting probably close to every 2nd Phoenix can offer, and if they consummate this in the free agency period they might get a 2030 swap as well (that would be a sticking point for me if I'm the Wizards), which would be far-and-away the crown jewel of that trade.