What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

My position if I'm the Jazz is that we have no need for John Collins. He's owed 25 per year over the next 3 years unless he decides to decline his option in the final year, which at this point seems unlikely.

We just drafted his doppelganger in the NBA draft at 9. Why would we want to create a potential barrier to minutes for Hendricks?

We have no desire to move Kelly Olynyk. We love him and he's a great culture guy and a better player for our team than John Collins.

So in light of all this you have to blow us away for taking him on in a straight dump. If you want KO, that will cost even more.

We will consider adding Sexton if you meet our pick demands.

Do you think they trade their 2029 1st to get off of Collins? I think the Kings pick and a 2028 swap or something is the max they’d do but might want some seconds back with a player.
I think they will or they will have to deal their more desirable players that actually help them win.

Quin is supposedly the guy in charge, so coach gms have more incentive for win now moves.

I just don't see great potential for Collins here.

I'd rather throw a strong contract at Grant Williams. The pick package would have to make it worthwhile.

I just don't see great potential for Collins here.

I'd rather throw a strong contract at Grant Williams. The pick package would have to make it worthwhile.

I’d rather throw a strong contract at Kuzma than Grant but I would take Grant as well.

I honestly would consider giving Cam a contract that Brooklyn wouldn’t match.

I’d rather throw a strong contract at Kuzma than Grant but I would take Grant as well.

I honestly would consider giving Cam a contract that Brooklyn wouldn’t match.
I think you just have to overpay to get Kuzma here. He's chasing money hard and I think Washington might just re-sign him at this point.

Grant fits what we need and you can sneak a contract by Boston if you get to the sweet spot in terms of $$$

Does us drafting Hendricks change that? Am I the only one who doesn't want John Collins or Kuzma or Tobias Harris now that we drafted Hendricks this high? We need a PG much more than another 4...
I mean, Tobias Harris is an expiring so he might be a nice stop-gap piece.

My position if I'm the Jazz is that we have no need for John Collins. He's owed 25 per year over the next 3 years unless he decides to decline his option in the final year, which at this point seems unlikely.

We just drafted his doppelganger in the NBA draft at 9. Why would we want to create a potential barrier to minutes for Hendricks?

We have no desire to move Kelly Olynyk. We love him and he's a great culture guy and a better player for our team than John Collins.

So in light of all this you have to blow us away for taking him on in a straight dump. If you want KO, that will cost even more.

We will consider adding Sexton if you meet our pick demands.
If you have Collins then KO has no PT. I think his value would be like a second or two right now... If you took on a bad contract then that is another story.

The rationale behind Collins would be he is a guy that you could move later if his play improves... which it may or may not. I'd say he is overpaid for sure... but how overpaid... like if he was making 3/50M is that his fair neighborhood. If so 25M in dead money is fair for one pick. Especially when the dead money this year really doesn't matter much.

I could see us getting the Kings pick and then recycling Collins at the trade deadline for a bad expiring and a couple seconds if Hendricks shows he needs more playing time. Or you just move him for worse money but at a different position like THJ in Dallas and get some seconds. With Collins you are trying to do the modified Al Horford deal that OKC did... take a pick when he comes... play him for 40 games... get a pick when he leaves.

You were right! Props man! We actually got rid of Gay too so that is a plus.
I wish I wasn't. I don't think this is a good trade for us. I guess Zanik and Ainge don't think we can do better with our capspace over the next few years...

**** that. Jesus ****ing Christ. This is ****ing terrible.
You cannot advertise it for more than a year that you love the guy and pursue him at every trade deadline and then expect to get assets when his team finally decides to let him go. That's the reason I never thought we are getting anything for absorbing his contract. We've been linked to him for more than a year now. Any GM worth their position will not let you get both the player you seemingly want AND an asset for it.

Any interest in Vasilije Micic? Apparently he wants to play in the nba next year. I have only seen him on YouTube clips so not completely familiar with his game. Think he could play either guard position as he seems like a good passer and he shoots the **** out of the ball.

It would have to be a sign and trade with OKC.
I like this idea. We have the ability