What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

The main thing that has me feeling Collier > Castle (though Im not completely there yet) is that his shot just looks better to me. He's also way more confident in his shot. Part of that may just be the fact that one is on a Final Four caliber team and the other would be lucky to make the NIT, but it's a thing.
Yeah, I'm more confident in Collier's offense, but way more confident in Castle's defense.

The Givony hit job on Collier kinda worked on me. The defense is my biggest concern. We just need guys that defend so desperately that I’d be pretty unexcited if we took Collier over Castle.

I guess the big question on Collier for me is how athletic is he actually? I dont think I've ever seen him dunk in traffic. Can he move his feet on defense? Sometimes it's really hard to tell in college because of the lack of spacing/movement. I do love his burst. For a guy his size, he is able to get pretty great speed burst. That combined with his size/strength, getting into the paint and drawing fouls should be a strength at the NBA level.

Also, I am seeing wildly conflicting WS measurements. I've seen 6'11 and 6'4, so I guess there is no actual hard data out there.

But I do love his passing. I think his passing would be great in Utah. He's a risky passer, but he wants to be a passer. He has some natural vision on drive and kick that would work well with Lauri. I was hard on him early because of all the TO's, but I think a lot of that is on USC having a bad team.

KOC is milking the mock draft exposure today lmao.

Castle #1. Jazz take CMB at 9.

Devin Carter #5. Clingan #6. Just a lot of wild stuff.

Seems like KOC has fully bought into the CMB lovefest. His little blurbs are overwhelmingly positive with the only negative being the lack of jumper and that he is a tough fit.

The Givony hit job on Collier kinda worked on me. The defense is my biggest concern. We just need guys that defend so desperately that I’d be pretty unexcited if we took Collier over Castle.
If you read KOC's blurbs on Jakobe Walter in the draft guide you might change your tune then.

Here is a nice video as well. One of the more impressive two way performances of the year.

View: https://youtu.be/Ad1ZT7rwMdA?si=ektyzMNyuywa9qNj

There are like 2-3 guys in this draft that may win the Jaime Jacquez "Of Course This Guy is Good" Award which is given to the player that is obviously good and you feel dumb when you pass on him (as a GM) because he was an upper classmen or had some stuff to his game that is a little weird or whatever. Desmond Bane would be another guy...

Not sure which guy it will be this year and Carter may go higher than I think... but he is certainly a candidate for the award.

His 3pt shot looks real to me. He's taking almost 7 per game and his percentages have been pretty consistent all year.

I wish we could have seen him play in the tournament.
Interesting. The shot kind of terrifies me. Unique shot w/ extreme arc combined with the fact he was a terrible shooter the past two seasons.

Interesting. The shot kind of terrifies me. Unique shot w/ extreme arc combined with the fact he was a terrible shooter the past two seasons.
Yeah, I get it, and sometimes his misses are bad, which is a red flag to me.

I could be wrong, but it feels like it would be difficult to put up that type of volume and it not be pretty real. He's also not getting wide open looks either. He's usually well guarded as the best player on his team.

Yeah, I get it, and sometimes his misses are bad, which is a red flag to me.

I could be wrong, but it feels like it would be difficult to put up that type of volume and it not be pretty real. He's also not getting wide open looks either. He's usually well guarded as the best player on his team.
He's definitely getting a lot of love. I cant say I've watched much at all.

There are like 2-3 guys in this draft that may win the Jaime Jacquez "Of Course This Guy is Good" Award which is given to the player that is obviously good and you feel dumb when you pass on him (as a GM) because he was an upper classmen or had some stuff to his game that is a little weird or whatever. Desmond Bane would be another guy...

Not sure which guy it will be this year and Carter may go higher than I think... but he is certainly a candidate for the award.

I think he ends up somewhere in the middle of our two picks. Maybe we can use our two late picks to move up?

I think he ends up somewhere in the middle of our two picks. Maybe we can use our two late picks to move up?
Not sure if someone wants two picks but there will be opportunities to move up. Not sure he'd be the one I target in a trade up scenario for us.