What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Put an elite big next to Lauri, Keyonte, Hendricks and either Sexton or Sensabaugh, and all of a sudden the Jazz become a serious team. I think the lack of gravity and consistency at the 5 are holding the Jazz back as much as anything else.

Last edited:
I've decided we need Sarr. I think he's #1 in a tier by himself. Has a couple swing skills that if they develop well he has star upside. The type of versatile defensive anchor that can help you have dominant regular season and playoff defense. I'm sold.

I've decided we need Sarr. I think he's #1 in a tier by himself. Has a couple swing skills that if they develop well he has star upside. The type of versatile defensive anchor that can help you have dominant regular season and playoff defense. I'm sold.
It's really hard for me to watch him and not see his brother Olivier, who is very scrubby. I've watched a lot of OKC this year, and so that's where my mind goes when I think of Sarr.

I know they aren't the same player, but they look very similar.

It's really hard for me to watch him and not see his brother Olivier, who is very scrubby. I've watched a lot of OKC this year, and so that's where my mind goes when I think of Sarr.

I know they aren't the same player, but they look very similar.
I haven't watched his brother and I only watch youtubes to get a feel for guys in the draft for the most part. At least this year. You can see shades of the modern useful bigs through Sarr's mixtapes. If the shooting and playmaking develop he could be a two way monster. It also depends on how his body fills out. His three point jumper can look a little clunky... I can't really explain it adequately... but the release looks good and his 15 foot-ish jumpers look much smoother. I like Mobley... I wonder if Sarr becomes the guy people expected Mobley to become by adding the shooting or offensive aggressiveness.

I know its kinda dumb to say this about the guy that is basically #1 on every draft board... but if I had to pick one guy that will be a star I'd bet on him.

If you draft Sarr are you automatically shipping Kessler out (assuming a deal is out there that is solid value, doesnt have to be homerun) or keeping him on to hedge your bets w/ Sarr?

If you draft Sarr are you automatically shipping Kessler out (assuming a deal is out there that is solid value, doesnt have to be homerun) or keeping him on to hedge your bets w/ Sarr?
Depends entirely on the offer. I think Sarr would need some time and Walker could buy you that time as well as maybe increase his value by midseason if he shows some improvement. I'd take offers but need something I would like.

What if the Hawks offered you the 10th pick?
I'd consider it depending on who is on the board. That's probably close to fair value. If we landed the #1 pick and drafted Sarr to add to Lauri, Key, etc. I might hold on to Walker if it was just the 10th pick. If we had traded Lauri for the #1 pick and stuff then I am likely going to just go ahead and move Walker for a pick in that range and live with Sarr's growing pains.

If I had no other information or details (no idea where our pick landed, no idea if we traded other pieces, no idea who is on the draft board) and I had to consider Walker for the #10 pick in this draft.... I'd say no. I think its close to fair value but its circumstantial on whether that is "enough".

I'd consider it depending on who is on the board. That's probably close to fair value. If we landed the #1 pick and drafted Sarr to add to Lauri, Key, etc. I might hold on to Walker if it was just the 10th pick. If we had traded Lauri for the #1 pick and stuff then I am likely going to just go ahead and move Walker for a pick in that range and live with Sarr's growing pains.

If I had no other information or details (no idea where our pick landed, no idea if we traded other pieces, no idea who is on the draft board) and I had to consider Walker for the #10 pick in this draft.... I'd say no. I think its close to fair value but its circumstantial on whether that is "enough".
Well I thought it was pretty clear that assumption is we get the #1 pick (or 2/3, wherever Sarr is) and we draft Sarr with our own pick.

I am like 90-95% sure we keep Lauri around long term. I just wonder if the right offer comes this summer or on draft night if they do want to go full tank. I know what they have said all along that they want to be good sooner than later... but these mfers lie and that is absolutely what you should say. If we were to move Lauri I think its because we got an offer that included #1 pick... not sure they want to add a bunch more firsts.

Well I thought it was pretty clear that assumption is we get the #1 pick (or 2/3, wherever Sarr is) and we draft Sarr with our own pick.
I was just setting up my answer with some nuance. If it is simply we land #1 and we assume Lauri is around (a safe assumption) it would depend on who is on the board. I'd probably say yes if we landed like Castle or Williams... not sure how I feel about a bunch of the others. Use some cap space to land a vet to protect us if Sarr struggles.

I think that is a good scenario though cuz its right on the border of maybe. If it was 7th pick I'd say yes cuz I think someone I like is more likely there... 12 I'm most likely a no.

Should Collier be viewed the same as Castle?

Hard to say because one plays on a terrible team vs good team and roles are so different, but Collier does seem pretty damn good.

I like Collier, but from what I understand and have seen is he's not a good defender.

I really hope the Jazz are looking at guys with two way potential.
Collier certainly has the defensive tools. Supposedly he has a 6'11 wingspan and he's got a big body. Guess you would have to figure out how much of his defensive struggles are team related or just some kind of issue with his processing/iq/effort.

1710790143398.png
1710790164291.png

Here's Collin Sexton freshman year vs Collier. When I watch Collier I feel some Sexton in his game. Dont think Collier is as athletic or skilled as a scorer, but he's significantly bigger.

Also, for Collier vs Castle, Collier's set 3pt shot looks significantly better to me.

The main thing that has me feeling Collier > Castle (though Im not completely there yet) is that his shot just looks better to me. He's also way more confident in his shot. Part of that may just be the fact that one is on a Final Four caliber team and the other would be lucky to make the NIT, but it's a thing.