What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

If any draft heads want to start the education of the layman. I would love to see peoples top 10ish players for the Jazz draft board.

Also, just last year vs this year. Everyone says this class sucks. Obviously no Wemby, but after that how much is the drop off? Would Miller and Scoot easily be #1 picks in this draft? (try to just go off who they were as prospects not their rookie years)

A very cursory glance at the projected lottery guys, I see some intriguing traits and fits. Are those players so much worse than the lottery players last year? My sense is that isn't/won't really be the case.

If any draft heads want to start the education of the layman. I would love to see peoples top 10ish players for the Jazz draft board.

Also, just last year vs this year. Everyone says this class sucks. Obviously no Wemby, but after that how much is the drop off? Would Miller and Scoot easily be #1 picks in this draft? (try to just go off who they were as prospects not their rookie years)

A very cursory glance at the projected lottery guys, I see some intriguing traits and fits. Are those players so much worse than the lottery players last year? My sense is that isn't/won't really be the case.
I think amen, Miller, Wemby, and Scoot would all be pretty close to consensus #1 picks in this draft. I think it’s probably a mixed bag after that. It’s not a strong draft in the top 5ish but in 6-14 will it be way different than an average draft? Not sure about that. There are 2-5 all stars in almost every draft.

I think amen, Miller, Wemby, and Scoot would all be pretty close to consensus #1 picks in this draft. I think it’s probably a mixed bag after that. It’s not a strong draft in the top 5ish but in 6-14 will it be way different than an average draft? Not sure about that. There are 2-5 all stars in almost every draft.
I'm surprised about Amen, but otherwise that sounds about right. How much did the rookie year hurt Scoot? Would you trade the Sarr pick for him now? I probably wouldn't (knowing nothing about Sarr).

This Risacher seems interesting as does Topic. And no players get the benefit of the doubt more the UK guards at this point. Idk definitely some interesting players.

And yea, I think the main point is that if we pick where we are projected I really don't see much drop off between last years options at that spot and what we would have this year. We may even like the fits of some of the guys available this year over last year.

I'm surprised about Amen, but otherwise that sounds about right. How much did the rookie year hurt Scoot? Would you trade the Sarr pick for him now? I probably wouldn't (knowing nothing about Sarr).

This Risacher seems interesting as does Topic. And no players get the benefit of the doubt more the UK guards at this point. Idk definitely some interesting players.

And yea, I think the main point is that if we pick where we are projected I really don't see much drop off between last years options at that spot and what we would have this year. We may even like the fits of some of the guys available this year over last year.
I still like Scoot and think he will be solid but his rookie year has certainly had a negative impact on his value. He may still become a star but I don't think anyone views that as the expected outcome anymore like we were hearing prior to the draft. There was a lot of Derrick Rose and Ja Morant talk about him but he simply is not that level of athlete which hurts him because he isn't a very good shooter right now. I don't think I would trade a top 5 pick in this draft for him. Maybe not even a top 10 to be honest and that is coming from someone that still likes Scoot. Right now Collier is probably in the 6-12 range and I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer him to Scoot.

The stuff with Scoot is just that you would think after two years in the G and being labeled as a star talent he would be one of the most NBA ready rookies, but he hasnt been. Doesnt mean he's destined for being a bad pick, but it's not a great outlook thus far.

I mean, just think about it, Amen/Ausar where 19/20 playing 16-17-18 year olds and they came in more NBA ready.

Knowing what we currently know about Scoot, I'm not sure he would even be a top 10 pick in this draft. (I know that isnt what HH is saying)

Amen as the tall athletic freak pg would have more upside and be too tantalizing to pass up with this year's crop imo.

Knowing what we know now on Scoot (I think I still like him but haven't watch Porty much) I think he'd end up in the Holland, Buzelis, tier. Top 10 would depend on position of need so pgs may slip. When I have seen Scoot I've been surprised at how average he looks at the rim. I liked him quite a bit in last years draft but this year has been rough with less "flashes" than you'd hope.

Amen as the tall athletic freak pg would have more upside and be too tantalizing to pass up with this year's crop imo.

Knowing what we know now on Scoot (I think I still like him but haven't watch Porty much) I think he'd end up in the Holland, Buzelis, tier. Top 10 would depend on position of need so pgs may slip. When I have seen Scoot I've been surprised at how average he looks at the rim. I liked him quite a bit in last years draft but this year has been rough with less "flashes" than you'd hope.
I did a quick youtube search for Scoot dunks thinking he would have had some major posters, but I couldnt find a single one. All the ones that came up where from the G-League.

Scoot sucked in the GLeague, but it was excused because "he wasn't playing for the GLeague he was preparing for the NBA". That was complete nonsense. I honestly wonder if he had a less cool sounding name he would not have received the hype he did. He was wildly overrated as an athlete (sucked at the things athleticism is supposed to help with) and could not shoot.

I did a quick youtube search for Scoot dunks thinking he would have had some major posters, but I couldnt find a single one. All the ones that came up where from the G-League.
When I have watched him the announcers are like "that layup attempt needs to be a dunk". I expected mistakes but some Westbrook wow stuff too... and there has just been none of that. He plays reserved or he doesn't have that. Not sure which.

View: https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1774838580248006832

We should be able to make moves if this is how most teams are operating.

So odd, do they just mean in top tier talent? #5-60 looks about the same as any draft ever. I predict mid way through next season everyone is talking about how this is a pretty good rookie class and everyone was being very hyperbolic about it.

View: https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1774837144139227282

Givony’s updated mock:

1. Risacher
2. Sarr
3. Clingan
4. Dillingham
5. Topic
6. Buzelis
7. Sheppard
8. Knecht (Jazz)
9. Williams
10. Collier
11. Walter
12. Holland
13. Edey
14. Castle
15. Salaun
16. Filipowski

I know this is Givony's life work, whereas I learned most of these names in the past 48 hours. But this mock stinks.

I don't think this draft is worse than 2016.
I think Topic is going to be good.
I think Sarr is as viable as Evan Mobley.
I think Dillingham is a better prospect than Garland.
I really like Cody Williams though he has some work to do.
I think Buzelis will work as a Swiss-army knife connector.
Risacher will at least be a high-end 3D guy with some extra value.
Reed Sheppard should be as good as Fred VanVleet.
Dalton Knecht can shoot, but also do some Brent Barry/Mike Miller stuff with the ball.
Ron Holland has real upside.
Kelel Ware could be a sleeper.

I think this class could produce 3 guys who play in an All Star game.

Last edited:
So odd, do they just mean in top tier talent? #5-60 looks about the same as any draft ever. I predict mid way through next season everyone is talking about how this is a pretty good rookie class and everyone was being very hyperbolic about it.

I know this is Givony's life work, whereas I learned most of these names in the past 48 hours. But this mock stinks.
There is a lot of group think in the NBA imo. Not having a big door prize is definitely an issue with this draft. There have been drafts where I like guys in like the 30s and 40s a lot... I don't think this is that draft.

I did some sleuthing and every draft has 3 all stars minimum. It will be harder to find out which 3 guys will be all stars in this draft. Maybe this one only has 1-2 and truly is the worst draft. There will still be a lot of good starters picked.