What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Danny not anointing keyonte pg… leaves door open to draft one of the top pgs?
Dilingham is better. Sorry. I would even trade KG to get him.

KG + 29th pick + Minny's 2027 top 8 protected (or whatever it takes maybe a top 8 protected 2025) for 2024 2nd pick or wherever he would fall to.

Keep the 8th pick. Select Dilingham and Cody Williams and your backcourt has been supercharged for the long-term.

Sexton and Dunn can then be traded to win now places like the Suns, Lakers for their far future unprotected picks This is what I would do as GM. Dilinghan I think is a day 1 starter and there is a tiny chance we can start winning immediately too Williams body would need time to develop so the 2025 lottery would be possible and it would give Markkannen a rationale why we are losing.

Last edited:
I don't get the Dilingham obsession. Yes he is talented, but Trae Young is as good as that archetype gets. It's just hard to make it work defensively
I imagine Trae but with more power. But yeah if the staff doesn't believe him then no. KG is streaky, great or bad - I just think Dil levels up quicker.

I don't get the Dilingham obsession. Yes he is talented, but Trae Young is as good as that archetype gets. It's just hard to make it work defensively
I would say his archetype is much closer to Kyrie than Trae. I wouldn't go out of my way to move up to draft him but if he is sitting there at 8 then he is certainly in the mix.

I would say his archetype is much closer to Kyrie than Trae. I wouldn't go out of my way to move up to draft him but if he is sitting there at 8 then he is certainly in the mix.
Kyrie isnt huge, but he's sturdy. He measured 190 at his combine and he's legit 6'3 in shoes.

Dillingham is tiny. I would be absolutely shocked if he actually measured 6'3 in shoes. Think it's going to be 6'1 in shoes and sub 180 w/ an even wingspan.

And I do like (maybe love) Dillingham, but I just rather not tie myself to someone who is so undersized. It's a tough decision if he's there at 8/9/10 and your entire top 7 got drafted. He'd certainly be fun to watch. I think his passing is extremely underrated. UK also had the worst defensive in the Cal era and a lot of that was Dillingham.

Kyrie isnt huge, but he's sturdy. He measured 190 at his combine and he's legit 6'3 in shoes.

Dillingham is tiny. I would be absolutely shocked if he actually measured 6'3 in shoes. Think it's going to be 6'1 in shoes and sub 180 w/ an even wingspan.

And I do like (maybe love) Dillingham, but I just rather not tie myself to someone who is so undersized. It's a tough decision if he's there at 8/9/10 and your entire top 7 got drafted. He'd certainly be fun to watch. I think his passing is extremely underrated. UK also had the worst defensive in the Cal era and a lot of that was Dillingham.
Doubt his wingspan is even but he likely comes up quite small. I'd still take him even if he becomes a third guard over Flip. Don't take Flip at 8... just don't.

It's new, but I thought it was the Combine's approach to scheduling interviews. It's strange that they'd restrict access to medicals and even measurements(?). Maybe it's a concession the league made when they required all draft-eligible players to participate in the Combine.

I think it’s the opposite right? Players used to refuse to deliver medical to teams they didn’t want to get drafted to. This new rule makes them give it to teams in a certain range.

I get the size concerns about Dillingham. He’s still probably the best bet in this draft to be a lead offensive option. Everyone talking about positional size, sometimes you want the guy who is best at basketball regardless.

If there was a guy with positional size and his ability it would be obvious, but there is not in this draft.

I get the size concerns about Dillingham. He’s probably the best bet in this draft to be a lead offensive option. Everyone talking about positional size, sometimes you want the guy who is best at basketball regardless.

If there was a guy with positional size and his ability it would be obvious, but there is not in this draft.
I think Topic will take time to level up. You can stop him with a great defender. He would be 2 years from being a good starter. You take him but with realistic expectations. Dil will be harder to stop and produces sooner irregardless of his size.

Doubt his wingspan is even but he likely comes up quite small. I'd still take him even if he becomes a third guard over Flip. Don't take Flip at 8... just don't.
I'd be surprised if Jazz take Flip at 8. He's probably more in play in the late lottery, but at 8 you are going to have at least one of Buzelis/Holland/Williams/Castle/Risacher/Knecht available.

And arent you the "I dont want Trae Young under any circumstance" person?

I think Topic will take time to level up. You can stop him with a great defender. He would be 2 years from being a good starter. You take him but with realistic expectations. Dil will be harder to stop and produces sooner irregardless of his size.
You arent drafting rookies in the top 10 for what they can do in year 1 and 2.

I think he measures 6'1" without shoes and around 175 pounds. I'm fine with those numbers since his game is based on quickness and shiftiness.

I'd be surprised if Jazz take Flip at 8. He's probably more in play in the late lottery, but at 8 you are going to have at least one of Buzelis/Holland/Williams/Castle/Risacher/Knecht available.

And arent you the "I dont want Trae Young under any circumstance" person?
Not under any circumstances but I’m not trading what is needed to get him. Huge difference between him and Rob in contract size and attitude. I think the comp for Rob is Garland.

You arent drafting rookies in the top 10 for what they can do in year 1 and 2.
Maybe but if the player has a quality that means quicker production it is something I would consider. But true long-term that is not always how to look at it. Anyway, in a bad draft I do elevate that kind of thinking "can I get an obvious return quickly?"

Maybe but if has a quality that means quicker production it is something I would consider. But true long-term that is not always how to look at it. Anyway, in a bad draft I do elevate that kind of thinking "can I get an obvious return quickly?"
Only makes sense if you're a playoff team looking for rotation pieces. Anyways, Topic will be much better in year 1/2 than Dillingham will be. Dillingham might not even be playable defensively at any point in his career and if the offense isnt smoking he isnt on the court.

Why draft Dillingham when you got Sexton AND George? I mean sure if he is clearly the BPA, but even if you do how does he get on the court when you already got 2 undersized combo guards who are poor defenders getting big minutes?